Game Development: Twinkle-Twinkle

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Twinkle-Twinkle

Postby vatas » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:17 pm

I feel :cam ortho would be lot more usable (at least for me) if you could freely choose the angle, rather than having to pick one of the four fixed angles.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby tyrtix » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:15 pm

please! add a bit more amulets and make them gildable, at least with gems!
tyrtix

Postby TenguCheddar » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:21 pm

vatas wrote:I feel :cam ortho would be lot more usable (at least for me) if you could freely choose the angle, rather than having to pick one of the four fixed angles.

I 2nd that, main reason why i used to play on ambers..
TenguCheddar

Postby Gerdgen » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:11 pm

Using the default client more lately, the following things seem the most lacking compared to custom clients, mostly things everyone already brings up:

-Mousewheel zoom speed: it's so damn slow! Amber had a menu option bar to increase speed of this.
-Bounding boxes: Same argument as for gridlines, it's not meant to be aesthetically pleasing but allows us to place stuff to be aesthetically pleasing. A tool.
-Waterskin/Waterflask meter: Combat, mining, and of course digging soil all consume tons of water and everyone is hauling around 10-20 waterskins. Being able to tell which ones are full at a glance is pretty useful. If appearance is important, maybe a custom image cross section of the container with the liquid at different levels? Then the icon itself would convey the information.
-Fast Equip Hands slot: I switch between tools and travellers sacks a lot, and right now this requires me to open up the whole equipment tab every time to do it.
-Button to drink from any hotkey'd container.
-Hotkey to display current damage of stuff on the screen. Or even just a tickbox in options. I usually have this on all the time except for when I disable the GUI for pictures.
-Alternate version of alt+u that makes the entire GUI just instantly invisible. For picture purposes. Also hides the % damage overlay and hearthling names and such.

Plenty of other stuff but these seem like low hanging fruit that many would appreciate.

Thanks for the wagon change again!
Gerdgen

Postby Apocoreo » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:06 pm

Gerdgen wrote:-snip-

Inspired by this here's a screenshot of my setup on Amber's, for mutual inspiration.

i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby sabinati » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:58 am

If you shift-click to open the Wagon interface, you will get a sticky unpack interface which doesn't close when moving away from the wagon. Should be implemented for ships as well.

close enough, hat pls
sabinati

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:52 am

sabinati wrote:
If you shift-click to open the Wagon interface, you will get a sticky unpack interface which doesn't close when moving away from the wagon. Should be implemented for ships as well.

close enough, hat pls

We already know you're jorb's favorite. Quit rubbing it in.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Gerdgen » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:08 pm

sabinati wrote:

close enough, hat pls

Nice try.
Gerdgen

Postby PogJoe45 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:43 pm

great work
PogJoe45
Under curfew

Postby CSPAN » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:57 pm

Pretty this up nexttttt.

LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS