Game Development: Chicken Run

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Chicken Run

Postby iamahh » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:52 pm

loftar wrote:
MrBunzy wrote:Next can you do an option to increase the speed of zooming in and out? It takes me like 6 seconds of furiously spinning my scroll wheel to get all the way zoomed, but I really like to quickly zoom in on things to examine them sometimes.

This surprises me a bit, but I assume now that this is what others have been talking about as well with regards to adjusting "mouse wheel speed" (I previously assumed it was scrolling speed in various lists).

It surprises me because I go from fully zoomed in to fully zoomed out in at most two draws of the scroll wheel (more like 1.5), and this is true across at least three different mice that I've been using. Is this for some special kind of mouse or something?

I think it's a mix of mouse sensitivity and driver settings, I used to have this problem with Amber back in the day, until he added the option
iamahh

Postby strpk0 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:06 pm

loftar wrote:
MrBunzy wrote:Next can you do an option to increase the speed of zooming in and out? It takes me like 6 seconds of furiously spinning my scroll wheel to get all the way zoomed, but I really like to quickly zoom in on things to examine them sometimes.

This surprises me a bit, but I assume now that this is what others have been talking about as well with regards to adjusting "mouse wheel speed" (I previously assumed it was scrolling speed in various lists).

It surprises me because I go from fully zoomed in to fully zoomed out in at most two draws of the scroll wheel (more like 1.5), and this is true across at least three different mice that I've been using. Is this for some special kind of mouse or something?

In my experience, all mice I've used (whether cheap generic mice or expensive "fancy" mice) have had the same issue with having to scroll a ridiculous amount to zoom in/out. Only the scroll speed multiplier in amber has solved that for me. Maybe its a Windows thing?
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby loftar » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:10 pm

Could it be that we're talking about different cameras?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby strpk0 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:21 pm

loftar wrote:Could it be that we're talking about different cameras?

Actually, testing just now I've figured out a few things:

1. Yes, the problem is as extremely bad as MrBunzy says while using badcam.
2. For ortho cam, it seems to be related to screen size. Leaving the game window at the default 800x600 resolution results in only 1-1.5 draws of the scrollwheel to fully zoom out from being fully zoomed in, whereas having the game window at 1920x1080 resolution it grows to around 3.5-4 draws of the scrollwheel to fully zoom out. At 4k resolution its more like 9 draws of the scrollwheel to fully zoom out.

Mind you, I did exaggerate my scrolls for this, under normal use I tend to do very short and fast scrolls when zooming in/out in games or in general, which really exacerbates the problem in haven, requiring easily 2x-3x the amount of scrolls I mentioned to zoom in/out. Could chalk that one down to user error I suppose, but perhaps other people do the same thing aswell instead of full scrolls.

I can upload a recording and whatnot and share it if it helps.

strpk0

Postby APXEOLOG » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:54 pm

Item quality over items when?
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby strpk0 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:59 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:Item quality over items when?

Thats already a thing:

Adventure -> Toggles -> Display Quality on Items

I will say though that it'd be nice if that option saved, feels kind of annoying to have to re enable each time you log in, specially since you cant put that button on a hotbar for some reason.

strpk0

Postby shubla » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:29 pm

Bounding boxes when?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby CSPAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:54 pm

Next world is going to be fire, amirite fellow youth?
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby talon00302 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:21 am

Need darker backgrounds on the quality of items because it doesn't stand out well against specific items and a persistent toggle.
talon00302

Postby Agrik » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:37 pm

jorb wrote:Added a graphical meter indicator to display the fullness of various fluid containers (water skins, &c). Most of at least the drinkable fluids have their own unique color
It's totally cool, but why is it horisontal?
Agrik

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements