Game Development: Merry Gingerbread!

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Merry Gingerbread!

Postby Apocoreo » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:21 pm

loftar wrote:
Zodiac215 wrote:nice patch, how about the ability to type the amount of stuff you wanna get from stockpiles?

It has always seemed to me like such an extremely marginal thing to bloat the stockpile UI for (I've never felt the need myself), but I guess it's not something I couldn't consider.

I'll second Zodiac, it gets annoying counting out 9 or 12 every time when taking coal from a stockpile for smelters. I wouldn't call it extremely marginal, I'd definitely use it regularly, but I wouldn't call it an immediate priority over more common feature requests.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby dafels » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:22 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:yeah, imagine having all the christmas themed content they made years ago available to collect during the first month of a new world instead of during the ass end of a world where only 100 people will ever see it. Imagine having everybody on holidays away from work to play together during the start of a world ....Makes ZERO sense guys! GOD

yeah, releasing a new world with possible unstabilities like in most of the world releases and having to fix them while on holiday sure does seem to mesh together as a senseful decision
dafels

Postby loftar » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:24 pm

Apocoreo wrote:it gets annoying counting out 9 or 12 every time when taking coal from a stockpile for smelters.

I guess it depends on how much you do or don't suck at mental arithmetic. ^^
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Apocoreo » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:24 pm

loftar wrote:
datie008 wrote:can we have snow not going to smelt during xmas?

It is indeed quite unfortunate that winter doesn't overlap with Christmas this year. I do have a way to set the season artificially, but I'm not sure if that would make anyone happy given crops and all.

That could be done cool next year, have a "Fimbulvetr" (Fimbulwinter) that's three times as long, but animals eat even less. An experience pop could warn of its coming. Add some more winter string first (or bark cordage tutorial) though, please. A recent stream showed a new player struggling with string when starting in winter.

loftar wrote:
Apocoreo wrote:it gets annoying counting out 9 or 12 every time when taking coal from a stockpile for smelters.

I guess it depends on how much you do or don't suck at mental arithmetic. ^^

I want to count less, and I run a lot of smelters. Guess I should be botting anyway.

It's tedium, Loftar.
Last edited by Apocoreo on Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby loftar » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:25 pm

dafels wrote:yeah, releasing a new world with possible unstabilities like in most of the world releases and having to fix them while on holiday sure does seem to mesh together as a senseful decision

There's that, but I'd also think (or hope, at least) that most players also would prefer to be with their families on Christmas instead of in game. :)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:30 pm

loftar wrote:
dafels wrote:yeah, releasing a new world with possible unstabilities like in most of the world releases and having to fix them while on holiday sure does seem to mesh together as a senseful decision

There's that, but I'd also think (or hope, at least) that most players also would prefer to be with their families on Christmas instead of in game. :)

you've heard of coronavirus, right?
Zentetsuken

Postby iamahh » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:33 pm

old world is like wine, is the best world

yall whiners are so fond of big groups, joing an evangelical church or something? You'll have all your precious belonging needs fulfilled
iamahh

Postby shubla » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:35 pm

Fostik wrote:Can we have any wipe plans or something?

We can't often have too precise plans even for what happens the next week, so there is not much hope in this ever happening!

loftar wrote:
datie008 wrote:can we have snow not going to smelt during xmas?

It is indeed quite unfortunate that winter doesn't overlap with Christmas this year. I do have a way to set the season artificially, but I'm not sure if that would make anyone happy given crops and all.

Maybe people would be happy after all, if they could spend the christmas doing other things than farming their crops!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby insanechef » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:55 pm

why cant u make nonbinary gingerbread people

aww man dafels already did this jk
insanechef

Postby tyrtix » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:00 pm

insanechef wrote:why cant u make nonbinary gingerbread people

aww man dafels already did this jk

GINGERBREAD PERSONS. Even the basics... dammit
tyrtix

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements