Game Development: Merry Gingerbread!

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Merry Gingerbread!

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:16 pm

@stockpile issue (smelters): probably the one thing I absolutely love about Amber and anyone that has included. While it's easy for me to juggle the inventory and numbers in my head, as I've had jobs in the past that I've had to learn to do this in, it's not a skill all people pick up easily. I think the "fill <smelter, oven, ...> with < 9, 12 > fuel" was one of the best things. I know some will say this is botting (it is until it's a part of the standard client), but it's one of those convenience things that should just "be there" just like the mass farm and plant. How many years did that get botted before it was added?

@"New world" people: fine... great. You want a new world. If you want to play the Christmas themes, then play. If you don't want to play in a "dead world," get over yourselves and either check out for a few months or accept that this is how things have always worked. I, at least, am irritated as hell at all the whining. Also, we have a thread for such conversation.

@jorb, loftar: cookies!!! Yaaaa!!!!
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Pickard » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:20 pm

MagicManICT wrote:@"New world" people

Winter is a good time for haven. Spring not so much. +quarantine
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:21 pm

The people that incessantly beg for a new world are the same that will just play for 2 months and then quit because they realize nothing was fixed since the last world.
DDDsDD999

Postby Apocoreo » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:23 pm

MagicManICT wrote:@stockpile issue (smelters)

I appreciate your comments (about the new world shit too). Didn't realize that was a thing in amber. Usually I just use a combination of inventory increasers to get 1 line to 9 then take the number of lines I need, to reduce the tedium of actually counting it out however many times.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:24 pm

MagicManICT wrote: I, at least, am irritated as hell at all the whining

just close your eyes bro how can you be irritated during christmas especially with all this new content
Zentetsuken

Postby Apocoreo » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:35 pm

I think it's more that a new world isn't actually new content and may delay any major changes they are hopefully working on. Sure if you start now you can't catch up, but most aren't going to keep caught up with more hardcore players with the game as it is.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:59 am

scheduled wipes would be healthy for the game. could make it so every November December you guys take away 2 months to think about balance for the next world.
the game is just too stagnant with balance updates too far apart and the game doesn't need more content it has plenty of it, the problem is how the content is used.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby MurderAlt » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:35 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:The people that incessantly beg for a new world are the same that will just play for 2 months and then quit because they realize nothing was fixed since the last world.

I need to remember how all this bullshit works before that happens. Terribad Cove shall live on.

Also, is that a crown on top of a turban? A literal hat on a hat?
Hustlinguistics
Oddgorod Kill Squad

"Beware of such friendly neighbors"
MurderAlt

Postby shubla » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:37 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:The people that incessantly beg for a new world are the same that will just play for 2 months and then quit because they realize nothing was fixed since the last world.

Very true!
I have my faith on future though, that soon this will be case no more as the issues get fixed. (Like general tedium of game)
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jordancoles » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:53 am

Charter Stones now memorize locations you have successfully visited in the past. You may have to travel to one to get your list updated.

Shift-Click a snow tile to get an area select tool for shoveling snow.

Underrated additions

Does the charter memo wipe after a character death? Also, can we keep our memos after death? It's really demotivating to lose kin lists, discoveries, charter memos, etc. and I've known many people who quit when they inherit and realize that all of those things are gone in addition to their lost stats
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements