Game Development: Onion & Bacon

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Onion & Bacon

Postby Pickard » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:13 pm

jorb wrote:Because it is at the very least a dumb exploit.

Remove visit before use requirement. It is at the very least a dumb.
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby jorb » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:14 pm

Pickard wrote:

Why? Must the game really lack any and all sense of locality? Is having to visit the places you want to zap to really too much to ask?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Pickard » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:18 pm

jorb wrote:Must the game really lack any and all sense of locality?

Travellers weariness is enough. This kind of locality hurt noobs, annoying for vets and just bad for the game. All imo.
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby shubla » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:19 pm

Noobs cant afford charter stones because all crystals are botted.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:19 pm

jorb wrote:
Pickard wrote:

Why? Must the game really lack any and all sense of locality? Is having to visit the places you want to zap to really too much to ask?

Unironically yes. 70% of the combat I've participated in the last 6 months wouldn't have happened if my willagers had to walk to the charters on the other side of the world near whatever interesting thing is happening.

I think most people straight up want CR/Vidol hearth levels of teleporting, or, at least the autists do

Pickard wrote:
jorb wrote:Must the game really lack any and all sense of locality?

Travellers weariness is enough. This kind of locality hurt noobs, annoying for vets and just bad for the game. All imo.

P.S: travel weariness may as well not exist for advanced villages after the first month or two of the world, and I don't see why it should for the plebs
Last edited by SnuggleSnail on Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Austinh15 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:21 pm

Idk I kind of agree with Jorb, at least go VISIT the place first instead of just having some other dude zap you there. Hell maybe you can argue a mechanic to describe a location, thus allowing someone to travel there. Maybe require some XP to learn it? Still tp'ing on a kicksled is not really the intended mechanic. We should look for the addition of a new mechanic.
Austinh15

Postby shubla » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:22 pm

Austinh15 wrote:Idk I kind of agree with Jorb, at least go VISIT the place first instead of just having some other dude zap you there. Hell maybe you can argue a mechanic to describe a location, thus allowing someone to travel there. Maybe require some XP to learn it? Still tp'ing on a kicksled is not really the intended mechanic. We should look for the addition of a new mechanic.

Yeah we have horses, knarrs etc. and you only have to visit once.
Sounds like something from a mouth of chronic alt user if you have issues visiting the charters.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
shubla

Postby Pickard » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:23 pm

shubla wrote:Noobs cant afford charter stones because all crystals are botted.

Pickard

Postby shubla » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:25 pm

Pickard wrote:
shubla wrote:Noobs cant afford charter stones because all crystals are botted.

Well yes, they can travel to the few public ones. But the most advantage will be to those who can make their private charter network so they can easily get all around the map to kill those sprucecaps.
shubla

Postby strpk0 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:27 pm

jorb wrote:
Pickard wrote:

Short answer: Yes, and yes it is.
Slightly longer answer: Can you elaborate on what this "sense of locality" is? People would probably rather spend time socializing and playing the game rather than walking places on every single character they need to be capable of fast travelling. The kicksled thing, while unintended, atleast reduced the amount of this unnecessary activity. I would even be so bold as to suggest that maybe it's time to accept the fact that repeatedly kneecapping fast travel over and over hasn't been an overall positive thing for the game. I cannot think of one person that enjoys "walking simulator", but I'm ready to be proven wrong on this.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements