Game Development: Onion & Bacon

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Onion & Bacon

Postby Vert » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:09 pm

Maybe it will be good if we have few ways to use charter.

ability to teleport to any charter stone that you are visit but with huge cooldown few days.

if the charter stone stays in the same kingdom the teleportation between them has no cooldown.

if the charter stone stays in other kingdom you can teleport with no cooldown if there is a contract between both kingdom.
Vert

Postby SkyFury » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:19 pm

Vert wrote:Maybe it will be good if we have few ways to use charter.

ability to teleport to any charter stone that you are visit but with huge cooldown few days.

if the charter stone stays in the same kingdom the teleportation between them has no cooldown.

if the charter stone stays in other kingdom you can teleport with no cooldown if there is a contract between both kingdom.

or add an item, like "offering to gods" - obtainable with small chance from everything (garthering\farming\fishing etc.) and you need this item to use charter. That's also would be a good item for trade puproses.
SkyFury

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:31 pm

Just feel like asking these 2 same questions too :D
SnuggleSnail wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] Small patch, as we took some time to just talk through the game, and everything, this week.

Could you guys discuss this a bit? o:

Cayur wrote:Dev stream when, almost been a year without them, they were probably the best thing you started as it gave us an insight on how you currently view the game and possible future plans.
Please bring them back.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Naimad » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:10 pm

what is the recipe for "Egg & Bacon".?
Naimad

Postby shubla » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:12 pm

Naimad wrote:what is the recipe for "Egg & Bacon".?

Egg and bacon. Bacon is smoked pork or boar.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby maze » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:41 am

Yikes. teleporting is on the table again?

Maybe the sad factions kids who are still playing want that so they can go beat the larpers.
a quick search of "teleporting" in C&I during peak player counts can show that a people do not like teleporting.
I remember people begging jorb so that people can't teleport pass the sea and only the island their on.

If you really want world rule changing things, then the "vote" idea should be ingame.
Bronze+ sub's can vote of systems that could swish world rules.

Something I asked for before. Could also help with starting of the game skill caps, then latter removing the caps.
Rules J&L put in place then after 3-6 months once player count gone bellow 1500. the players can vote to forsaken J&L rules.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:58 am

maze wrote:Bronze+ sub's can vote of systems that could swish world rules.

I'm glad real world democracies don't work on rules like that anymore....
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:34 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
maze wrote:Bronze+ sub's can vote of systems that could swish world rules.

I'm glad real world democracies don't work on rules like that anymore....

In a F2P game that rules is necessary, OSRS does it as well when voting what features/changes go in, only Member accounts can vote.

Now that I mentioned OSRS though I have to mention, not sure how true this is but supposedly there's big divide with PvE and PvP players that got so bad that they started downvoting each others QoL features (that would have had no impact on themselves.)

I also wonder, would certain people be willing to burn a load of tokens to get subscription on bunch of alt accounts and try to sway a vote to their favor?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby VDZ » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:45 pm

maze wrote:Maybe the sad factions kids who are still playing want that so they can go beat the larpers.
a quick search of "teleporting" in C&I during peak player counts can show that a people do not like teleporting.
I remember people begging jorb so that people can't teleport pass the sea and only the island their on.

If you really want world rule changing things, then the "vote" idea should be ingame.
Bronze+ sub's can vote of systems that could swish world rules.

Players are not designers. Weaker players think 'if teleporting is nerfed, I won't be ganked by stronger players!' and then they get ganked by stronger players anyways, because the only way to prevent that is to entirely make players unable to travel to certain locations. Even without teleportation, knarrs are a thing. The average weak player may think a Snekkja is a major investment, but factions have plenty of Knarrs.

What weak players want isn't inability to trade with distant trade partners, they want safety. And contrary to what they think, nerfing teleportation does not grant that safety.
VDZ

Postby strpk0 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:05 pm

VDZ wrote:Players are not designers. Weaker players think 'if teleporting is nerfed, I won't be ganked by stronger players!' and then they get ganked by stronger players anyways, because the only way to prevent that is to entirely make players unable to travel to certain locations. Even without teleportation, knarrs are a thing. The average weak player may think a Snekkja is a major investment, but factions have plenty of Knarrs.

What weak players want isn't inability to trade with distant trade partners, they want safety. And contrary to what they think, nerfing teleportation does not grant that safety.

This x 100. Every single update that has been implemented with "think of the sprucecaps" in mind has only hurt the weaker players more and more. People somehow fail to realize that the very people they're trying to hurt with these "nerf this/cap this/limit this/etc" update propositions are also the only ones that would have the time and resources to get around said mechanics. Think of things like global curiosity pool, satiations and hunger, travel weariness, etc etc.

It used to be the case that all a newer player needed to freely trade with the rest of the game community was a throwaway alt and a village idol. You could teleport said alt with your items to someone else's idol, perform the trade and then teleport back. Now you need either a character with good will stat, a strong charter/road network, or to waste hours of your gameplay travelling places and putting yourself at risk to do so, while the "stronger players" can easily get around these restrictions with their vast resources.

In my opinion lowering the bar to entry to the game's content (trade and fast travel included) in all cases is a good thing, specially for newer/returning players. Trying to point fingers and hurt the "strong players" will only ever result in the opposite. And if the argument is locality/isolation, I'm sorry but you can't both have your fantasy of isolating yourself from these "bad players" (and the majority of the community by extension) and still get to enjoy the game as much as they do, or have the potential to grow as much as they do.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements