Game Development: Onion & Bacon

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Onion & Bacon

Postby Pickard » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:29 pm

Austinh15 wrote:Idk I kind of agree with Jorb, at least go VISIT the place first instead of just having some other dude zap you there. Hell maybe you can argue a mechanic to describe a location, thus allowing someone to travel there. Maybe require some XP to learn it? Still tp'ing on a kicksled is not really the intended mechanic. We should look for the addition of a new mechanic.

Sounds good, works bad. World is huge and sailing for an hour in the ABSOLUTELY EMPTY ocean is my worst experience in haven by far.
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby hektor96643 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:32 pm

Overall good.

I was hoping for a new bird. Maybe a bacon bird next time. Would you? xD (jk)

I like the visit and travel aweriness mechanic, it gives a sense of progress. Ofc botters will always make it unfelt for them, but it is not the game's fault.

Maybe your can teleport to a known charter stone carrying some one with you by the cost of a incresed travel aweriness amount.

The kiicksled exploit, was it. an exploit. usefull =)
hektor96643

Postby azrid » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:33 pm

Pickard wrote:
Austinh15 wrote:Idk I kind of agree with Jorb, at least go VISIT the place first instead of just having some other dude zap you there. Hell maybe you can argue a mechanic to describe a location, thus allowing someone to travel there. Maybe require some XP to learn it? Still tp'ing on a kicksled is not really the intended mechanic. We should look for the addition of a new mechanic.

Sounds good, works bad. World is huge and sailing for an hour in the ABSOLUTELY EMPTY ocean is my worst experience in haven by far.

You'll have a worse experience if I and some other nerds teleport our army of crime alts to wreck everything.
azrid

Postby hektor96643 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:34 pm

shubla wrote:

Yeah we have horses, knarrs etc. and you only have to visit once.
Sounds like something from a mouth of chronic alt user if you have issues visiting the charters.

kek.. chronical alt user..kek haha i saw what you did there (wink) ;)
hektor96643

Postby Redlaw » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:36 pm

Over all looks like a good small update to start the year. Hopeing for something big that will get me to do more then log in to see what the update does (still could not see the bacon and eggs but meh ill likely see it at some pont).
Redlaw

Postby Austinh15 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:36 pm

I'd argue that locality can be important if it's the intended direction of the game. There is a certain fantasy about traveling to a new continent to find a group of people you haven't met before and seeing what they've created and done. However on the flip side, repeated visits by knarr or whatever is tedium. Realistically, you'd want to capture both. Even more so it'd be nice to have a way to learn about these settlements around the world and their charters through paper or word of mouth would remedy this whole issue. I think that's what Jorb's point is. Right now I know lots of people who use it to escape Travel Weariness on their main characters and just have a will alt with a kicksled, that's hilariously stupid though I'll admit convenient. From a game devs perspective though I don't think having default appearance dudes in silly clothes kicksleding people across several continents and then vanishing into the ether is necessarily a good look.
Austinh15

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:37 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Small patch, as we took some time to just talk through the game, and everything, this week.

Could you guys discuss this a bit? o:
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Pickard » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:38 pm

azrid wrote:army of crime alts

Its nothing more than a horror stories for children.
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby shubla » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:41 pm

Maybe we could get a dev stream where you share your thoughts about the games current direction. It has been quite a while since the last one!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MrM » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:50 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] Small patch, as we took some time to just talk through the game, and everything, this week.

Could you guys discuss this a bit? o:

^ Yeah guys, it would be nice if you shared a bit more with us. Everyone's starving for news :-)
MrM

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements