Game Development: Wind in the Willows

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Wind in the Willows

Postby Austinh15 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:55 am

We asked and I can safely say it was delivered. Now I can enjoy my camping trips even more. Now if only the animation for instruments could merge with this one, somewhat similar to riding a horse or sitting in a chair, but overall I absolutely love it. Yeah, it doesn't really change any game mechanics but it just... Feels nice? Now if you'll excuse me I have to go waddle through the swamp some more and hope to find some Marsh Mallows.
Alchemy ingredients don't harvest themselves sadly. :lol:

EDIT: Also I wonder if there will eventually be some way to put a cauldron over that fire so I can make my tea over the campfire? Man, that'd be really cool.

Hey when you guys gonna make it to where you can't extend off claimed palisades if you don't have perms (If the claim is flush to the palisade). If you can't seal someone's palisade when it's on a claim you shouldn't be able to extend from it either. It even requires criminal acts to do but doesn't leave scents.
Austinh15

Postby mvgulik » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:17 am

Lalaxx wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] Yulestar, Elven Lights,and Starfish can now be hung on walls.

No it can't.

Maybe next year that undocumented feature will make it in the "smaller than small" fixes list on the announcement post.

Wonder if that could also work with humans. Seem tricky though, as it probably involves freedom limiting clarity and consistency from the other side. O wait *facepalm*, other side is human too.
(Wonder why airplane pilots have checklists and stringent cockpit rules, seem just real freedom and fun killers.)
mvgulik

Postby shubla » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:34 pm

talon00302 wrote:Kill the old client already, people who are playing on an old custom client are doing themselves a disservice at this point. Default client is already extremely playable and it’s a waste of your development time to keep updating two branches.

They probably have statistics showing that 50% of subscribers use the old client or something! So they're afraid of losing them.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Zentetsuken » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:33 pm

shubla wrote:
talon00302 wrote:Kill the old client already, people who are playing on an old custom client are doing themselves a disservice at this point. Default client is already extremely playable and it’s a waste of your development time to keep updating two branches.

They probably have statistics showing that 50% of subscribers use the old client or something! So they're afraid of losing them.

Yeah, losing 20 more players would be the nail in the coffin for sure
Zentetsuken

Postby yozzik111 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:07 pm

I use "old" Amber's client run by Wurtag just because it is the only one that runs on Mac OS. Asked for help here multiple times, nobody gives a shit. Thing still works and unless you're 19 yo programming rock star, you might know the truth: if it works - don't touch it.
Wengdalf, gurbibal master, drunken hunter, the thief of Constantinopol, he who never died of man`s hand, son of Severin, grandson of Yozz, Yozzik. Also an owl.

P.S. More nice hats please!
yozzik111

Postby Forik » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:54 am

Please consider adding an unlocked ortho cam mode Jorbtar!
Forik

Postby R509 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:05 am

Forik wrote:Please consider adding an unlocked ortho cam mode Jorbtar!

+1 This missing from default and only being in the half functional amber client has basically killed my motivation to play the game
t. Ryan
R509

Postby linkfanpc » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:34 am

type in:

cam ortho -f

unlocks it just like in amber
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Forik » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:37 am

linkfanpc wrote:type in:

cam ortho -f

Holy shit thank you so much, I never knew this!
Forik

Postby vatas » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:21 am

linkfanpc wrote:type in:

cam ortho -f

Is this a recent stealth addition or has it been around forever and nobody just knew about it?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements