Game Development: Smoked Hedgedog

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Smoked Hedgedog

Postby Death1223 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:43 pm

Awesome work on the patches so far this year. I'm not touching the game at all until the world resets but seeing all these updates makes me even more excited for when I next play! Thanks for your hard work and time, guys! Much love :D
Death1223

Postby mvgulik » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:47 pm

jorb wrote:
  • Internal disagreement as to whether "Elven Lights" and "Yule Star" should be wall items or not. Date set for pistol duel to settle the matter.

Live streamed, yes?
mvgulik

Postby strpk0 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:56 pm

mvgulik wrote:
jorb wrote:
  • Internal disagreement as to whether "Elven Lights" and "Yule Star" should be wall items or not. Date set for pistol duel to settle the matter.

Live streamed, yes?

You're hilarious
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby vatas » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:08 pm

The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby jordancoles » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:45 pm

Nice dungeon changes, specially the new graphic for the boss room key

Now can you make it so that we can walk through the baby bats/beavers/ants? Bodyblocking is a big issue when you can't hearth out after being KO'd
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby rye130 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:00 pm

Dungeon changes were needed for a long time, glad you finally got to it.
rye130

Postby talon00302 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:11 pm

jordancoles wrote:Now can you make it so that we can walk through the baby bats/beavers/ants? Bodyblocking is a big issue when you can't hearth out after being KO'd

Big Agree here, that shits fucking scary.
talon00302

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:12 pm

talon00302 wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Now can you make it so that we can walk through the baby bats/beavers/ants? Bodyblocking is a big issue when you can't hearth out after being KO'd

Big Agree here, that shits fucking scary.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=68215

bump this one boys
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Apocoreo » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:32 pm

jordancoles wrote:Nice dungeon changes, specially the new graphic for the boss room key

Now can you make it so that we can walk through the baby bats/beavers/ants? Bodyblocking is a big issue when you can't hearth out after being KO'd

A big fat THIS.

Nightdawg wrote:hearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=68215

bump this one boys

Already told my story in that thread but I'll tell it again, had a 6-man, late world part that had already cleared 2 dungeons wiped with 2 deaths because bats pinned us in and continued to do so after KO.

I would rather fight a hoard of ANYTHING ELSE because I can kill one, lift if necessary, and flee through the hole made. Also being surround and seeing "Your approach is blocked" when all you want to do is hit ANY near one? The only option is to shift+tab until you can full circle, close too when possible, and click in random directions until you get out.

Bonus story from this world. 5-man party that had cleared one bat dungeon previously. Get to an infinite spawn-key room. Our strongest man goes for the door alone, wrong key, gets surrounded. We charge in to extract, 3rd man in (me lol) gets surrounded by new spawns. The other four free the 1st one and retreat to extract the 3rd, 2nd man get surrounded along the way. 3rd breaks free and move to extract the 3rd, a fourth gets surrounded because GODS LIGHT DOES NOT SHINE HERE. 3rd is extracted, 4th shortly after, run outside the room, slaughter the stragglers with ease.

I now trust those people with my character's life. Getting surrounded by bats is a massive difficulty jump compared to being surrounded by any other mob. No KO's or deaths, this time.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby BigCountry » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:42 am

jordancoles wrote:Nice dungeon changes, specially the new graphic for the boss room key

+1

Just wish you could actually "navigate" a dungeon. You spawn into these things and cannot even "react". 1294819847 bats on you and your KO almost instantly...
BigCountry

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements