Game Development: Roe, Roe, Roe yer Boat

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Roe, Roe, Roe yer Boat

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:34 am

It's just a new dungeon. :idea:
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Apocoreo » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:19 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:Livestock manager was the best thing they've done in years though. It actually makes the game better

Agreed, just setting expectations.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Ag_Revol » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:48 pm

BoxingRock wrote:
oh, that's so weird because I was sure that they immediately, publicly decided to do nothing about it beyond spending a few moments to pop in to the forum a couple times a day to give us a simple official acknowledgement that the current lag was the attack starting again

Nope, not really. They did try to locate the issue and be done with it. Don't think there have been any DDOS-attacks since loftar did his magic

Fostik wrote:Wait, isn't game sales that bad, and community are toxic just because devs don't give fuck about what community says?
I mean, me, as any other player has plans to donate to the game when wipe will happen, as well as don't see any reason to support useless patches now.

So what part of community devs have to listen, if the community is usually pushing for different things?
TBH there are issues with dev answers and feedback overall, not like I can blame a team of two for it though.

There are no situations when it is reasonable to be toxic, I also crave for a wipe, and obviously, I want updates that actually matter, but considering the toxicity of the haven community I fully understand the lack of interest. If some asshole is spewing toxicity at devs when they are doing bad - surprise surprise, devs won't go "Oh shit, sorry, our fault", they will just lose motivation even more
Make Kebabs Great Again!
W6-8 - Hermit
W9 - Amish Paradise
W10 - Amish Paradise then Hermit
W11 - A.D.
W12 - Lawspeaker of Avalon
W13 - Konung of Norsca
W14 - Konung of Norsca
Ag_Revol

Postby shumbma » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:28 am

Ag_Revol wrote:
BoxingRock wrote:
oh, that's so weird because I was sure that they immediately, publicly decided to do nothing about it beyond spending a few moments to pop in to the forum a couple times a day to give us a simple official acknowledgement that the current lag was the attack starting again

Nope, not really. They did try to locate the issue and be done with it. Don't think there have been any DDOS-attacks since loftar did his magic

Fostik wrote:Wait, isn't game sales that bad, and community are toxic just because devs don't give fuck about what community says?
I mean, me, as any other player has plans to donate to the game when wipe will happen, as well as don't see any reason to support useless patches now.

So what part of community devs have to listen, if the community is usually pushing for different things?
TBH there are issues with dev answers and feedback overall, not like I can blame a team of two for it though.

There are no situations when it is reasonable to be toxic, I also crave for a wipe, and obviously, I want updates that actually matter, but considering the toxicity of the haven community I fully understand the lack of interest. If some asshole is spewing toxicity at devs when they are doing bad - surprise surprise, devs won't go "Oh shit, sorry, our fault", they will just lose motivation even more

r u ok
shumbma

Postby shubla » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:46 pm

Maybe its another of those small "few week" projects, like the rendering rewrite.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby abt79 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:50 pm

abt79

Previous

Return to Announcements