Game Development: Ghost Apple Gelatin

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Ghost Apple Gelatin

Postby AlfredoGaming33 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:43 pm

shubla wrote:Could go all salem so you wouldn't get any ore but only boulders. Wouldn't be too bad. Especially if it would make digging big tunnels faster.

Makes more sense than pulverizing a tile.
Would be a good change
AlfredoGaming33
Under curfew

Postby strpk0 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:44 pm

shubla wrote:Could go all salem so you wouldn't get any ore but only boulders. Wouldn't be too bad. Especially if it would make digging big tunnels faster.

Name one thing about this that "wouldn't be too bad".
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby shubla » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:49 pm

strpk0 wrote:

Boulders would be smaller so that you could lift them off from your way and walk.
Or then minecarts with large capacity of dozens of liftables could be added, along with very cheap (maybe carveable) track for them, to bring the boulders away.

I don't mean to make mining more time consuming, but more interesting.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby AlfredoGaming33 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:51 pm

strpk0 wrote:

Looks good!
AlfredoGaming33
Under curfew

Postby JohnBolognese » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:53 pm

strpk0 wrote:

i used to play salem this really brings me back, mining would be so much more awesome if it were like back in the good old salem days
JohnBolognese
Under curfew

Postby loftar » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:56 pm

JohnBolognese wrote:mining would be so much more awesome if it were like back in the good old salem days

I'm curious what makes you say that, more exactly. I've always considered Haven mining to be strictly superior to Salem's mining. Pretty much the only reason we didn't do the same thing in Salem was really just to not make it the exact same as in Haven.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby BoxingRock » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:00 pm

loftar wrote:
JohnBolognese wrote:mining would be so much more awesome if it were like back in the good old salem days

I'm curious what makes you say that, more exactly. I've always considered Haven mining to be strictly superior to Salem's mining. Pretty much the only reason we didn't do the same thing in Salem was really just to not make it the exact same as in Haven.

Everybody saying this is being instructed to do so by shubla because shubla's #1 motivation in all haven related things is to irritate the greatest number of people, especially snail and friends of snail

shubla has acknowledged that snail and friends of snail are against the boulder idea

so, as a meme, shubla (and what will surely be a bunch of noname players and new accounts) will be very much for it

there is no deeper reasoning here
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby JohnBolognese » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:05 pm

loftar wrote:

It makes a lot of sense that this feature got added to haven, just think the boulder spawn % should be a bit higher but not 100% like in salem since that was a bit of a nuisance honestly, the tiles just vanishing after being mined didn't make a lot of sense to me. I'll have to agree with you on that one, Haven's mining is much better than salem's mining and this update was certainly a large step on making the gap between the two even greater.
JohnBolognese
Under curfew

Postby shubla » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:07 pm

loftar wrote:

Mining out items which drop to the floor which you then have to pick up soon, or they disappear and then put into piles is a bit dumb.
Boulders you could mine out, put to the side, and them chip them out as needed, or even transport the boulders to the smelters, instead of the ore in wheelbarrows or your pockets.

I think the boulders also add more stages into the whole process of mining making it a more meaningful experience.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby JohnBolognese » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:08 pm

BoxingRock wrote:
loftar wrote:

Everybody saying this is being instructed to do so by shubla because shubla's #1 motivation in all haven related things is to irritate the greatest number of people, especially snail and friends of snail

shubla has acknowledged that snail and friends of snail are against the boulder idea

so, as a meme, shubla (and what will surely be a bunch of noname players and new accounts) will be very much for it

there is no deeper reasoning here

You're clearly distressed and it shows! Take your meds next time before posting to make this boogeyman, 'shubla', who lives in your head rent free temporarily leave.
JohnBolognese
Under curfew

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements