Game Development: World 13

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 13

Postby jorb » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:09 am

Calm night from what I can tell! Awesome, and I hope everyone is having fun!

Have gotten a couple of reports on people having trouble getting quests. We haven't intended to change anything with that, but do note that you need Hearth Magic and 10k+ LP to be eligible. Will try to look at this during the day.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Flameturtle » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:28 am

Jorb, did you forget to put bats aggressiveness back to normal? Getting 100% attacked even slow walking. I know its all chance but seems too much to be co-incidence.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby Stoneface » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:35 am

I was able to sneak past bats once. Every other time I got aggro even while on speed 1 and a considerable distance away, but it's all anecdotal.
Stoneface

Postby shubla » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:42 am

Flameturtle wrote:Jorb, did you forget to put bats aggressiveness back to normal? Getting 100% attacked even slow walking. I know its all chance but seems too much to be co-incidence.

Its not only bats but other animals too. Its not fun walking in forest when you get aggroed all the time.
For example, vipers in RL are not aggressive, you can pick one up and it will just chill. But in this game if snake sees you from 10 meters away it will sprint to bite you. Its just dumb, maybe devs losing their touch I dont know. Everything does not have to attack the player you know..
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:01 am

shubla wrote: For example, vipers in RL are not aggressive, you can pick one up and it will just chill.

One of the things they teach you in wilderness survival in the US is that you don't screw with the snakes. Most are more threatening than aggressive, but you don't get close, as you will get bit. It's hard enough surviving a snake bite when you can get to a hospital in short enough order, another when you're stuck in the wild. And to be fair, those Eurovipers are kids toys compared to the snakes in other parts of the world.

Going to have to agree that viper aggressiveness could be tuned down a good bit. Then again, it's all fun and games in a few days when you're running through the mountains with a cart looking for vipers to aggro and chase you so you can crush their little heads under the wheels of civilization.

Stoneface wrote:I was able to sneak past bats once. Every other time I got aggro even while on speed 1 and a considerable distance away, but it's all anecdotal.

Yeah, going to have to chalk this up to bad luck. Only problem I had with bats was when I snuck past them, disturbed some cave dust, and got an angry rat chasing me back out past the bats and out the entrance. Bats went, "Hey, that looks like fun! Let us join in the biting!"
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby loftar » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:15 am

We haven't changed anything with regards to animal aggressiveness (it wasn't even changed during the W12 Twilight), so I think I'm going to assume that you aren't in favor with the RNGods.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jorb » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:15 am

jorb wrote:Have gotten a couple of reports on people having trouble getting quests. We haven't intended to change anything with that, but do note that you need Hearth Magic and 10k+ LP to be eligible. Will try to look at this during the day.

Should be fixed now! Sorry about that!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Flameturtle » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:39 am

loftar wrote:We haven't changed anything with regards to animal aggressiveness (it wasn't even changed during the W12 Twilight), so I think I'm going to assume that you aren't in favor with the RNGods.

Okay thanks for letting us know
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby Hadehariast » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:03 pm

Is it intended behaviour not to be able to use the "thingwalls" while carrying an object? I was unable to activate one while carrying a boat.
Hadehariast

Postby loftar » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:41 pm

Hadehariast wrote:Is it intended behaviour not to be able to use the "thingwalls" while carrying an object? I was unable to activate one while carrying a boat.

Ah, no, that was unintentional. Will be fixed, but I probably won't restart the server just for that.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements