Game Development: World 13

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 13

Postby Stoneface » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:39 pm

Really enjoying all the QoL changes on the new rendering client! :)
Stoneface

Postby loftar » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:02 pm

jorb wrote:Anyone who purchased a subscription between the world reset announcement, and the time we took the store down for refurbishing, will have received both the old and new hats relevant for his or her particular subscription level.

As an update to this, I was made aware that I had mistakenly given these extra hats to people buying subscriptions far before the world reset announcement (I had accidentally used the wrong start date when dealing them out).

I initially considered just leaving them as they were (they still went to people who have bought subscriptions, after all, so I didn't mind showing them some extra gratitude even if it was further back), but since that would be unfair both to those who didn't accidentally get these hats, and to those who explicitly bought subscriptions in this time period in order to get both, I've decided to go around and remove the extra hats. I apologize to those of you who were made to think that you had hats that it turns out you didn't in fact have, but I think this was the only reasonable way to handle it.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby smileyguy4you » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:28 pm

loftar wrote:
jorb wrote:Anyone who purchased a subscription between the world reset announcement, and the time we took the store down for refurbishing, will have received both the old and new hats relevant for his or her particular subscription level.

As an update to this, I was made aware that I had mistakenly given these extra hats to people buying subscription far before the world reset announcement (I had accidentally used the wrong start date when dealing them out).

I initially considered just leaving them as they were (they still went to people who have bought subscriptions, after all, so I didn't mind showing them some extra gratitude even if it was further back), but since that would be unfair both to those who didn't accidentally get these hats, and to those who explicitly bought subscriptions in this time period in order to get both, I've decided to go around and remove the extra hats. I apologize to those of you who were made to think that you had hats that it turns out you didn't in fact have, but I think this was the only reasonable way to handle it.

:( but understand, i gotta wear the helmet for a day
smileyguy4you

Postby darkpuppet » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:35 pm

what's is and how do you get thingwalls?
darkpuppet

Postby mvgulik » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:48 pm

darkpuppet wrote:what's is and how do you get thingwalls?

There new fast travel objects/points.
You need to know/visited more than one before they become usable.
mvgulik

Postby darkpuppet » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:15 pm

I think some quest rewards should be reworked , spend 15 minutes or so doing a quest to relieve my stomach 1% is very lame
darkpuppet

Postby wafflecat » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:17 pm

mvgulik wrote:
darkpuppet wrote:what's is and how do you get thingwalls?

There new fast travel objects/points.
You need to know/visited more than one before they become usable.

I think they're not just fast travel objects, it looks like they're a replacement for border cairns. When inspected it says something about "challening" them and they have a kingdom area (toggled via minimap).
I think kingdoms will need to conquer these to expand, so they're gonna be more grid like or whatever shape these are.
wafflecat

Postby mvgulik » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:29 pm

Sound about right. (I did not now about the "challenging" option)
mvgulik

Postby Hasta » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:56 am

darkpuppet wrote:I think some quest rewards should be reworked , spend 15 minutes or so doing a quest to relieve my stomach 1% is very lame

You're VERY (painfully, sizzlingly so) new here aren't you?
Hasta

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:58 am

darkpuppet wrote:I think some quest rewards should be reworked , spend 15 minutes or so doing a quest to relieve my stomach 1% is very lame

Just pull the arm on the quest machine again and pray for that LP jackpot
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements