Game Development: Colorful Crucible

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Colorful Crucible

Postby metallic » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:12 pm

I've seen a handful of bog turtles despite dozens of trips through swamps, not good
metallic

Postby kirion » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:13 pm

Plum-bob change is nice, got a surplus of lead.
kirion

Postby FrankMcFuzz » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:14 pm

I am preparing for an influx of "Bug - Got attacked by a moose, plz revive my sprucecap"
FrankMcFuzz

Postby Stoneface » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:15 pm

Nice to see yet more dangers in the world, even if it is for a short while
Stoneface

Postby Morrighan » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:16 pm

As a Canadian having some real life experience with moose, I have something to say. Moose are usually only aggressive when in rut during mating season. Like any other animal, they are protective of their young but we never see any young with wild animals in Haven, except chickens. Honestly, moose are not smart and certainly not aggressive by nature. When I see a moose in the bush, I'm not concerned. When I see a dumb ass moose running out of the ditch at my car, I am concerned. In my humble opinion a moose that agros' a player does not feel right to me. I ask you to reconsider this change.
Morrighan

Postby xzo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:19 pm

Morrighan wrote:As a Canadian having some real life experience with moose, I have something to say. Moose are usually only aggressive when in rut during mating season. Like any other animal, they are protective of their young but we never see any young with wild animals in Haven, except chickens. Honestly, moose are not smart and certainly not aggressive by nature. When I see a moose in the bush, I'm not concerned. When I see a dumb ass moose running out of the ditch at my car, I am concerned. In my humble opinion a moose that agros' a player does not feel right to me. I ask you to reconsider this change.

jesus, thanks god there is no cars in haven
My mother told me Someday I would buy
Galley with good oars Sail to distant shores
Stand up high in the prow Noble barque I steer
Steady course for the haven Hew many foe-men,
hew many foe-men
xzo

Postby bigyikes » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:21 pm

Thoughts on buffing wishbone or making it craft into something useful now that it's been gutted?
bigyikes

Postby Fostik » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:21 pm

Morrighan wrote:As a Canadian having some real life experience with moose, I have something to say. Moose are usually only aggressive when in rut during mating season. Like any other animal, they are protective of their young but we never see any young with wild animals in Haven, except chickens. Honestly, moose are not smart and certainly not aggressive by nature. When I see a moose in the bush, I'm not concerned. When I see a dumb ass moose running out of the ditch at my car, I am concerned. In my humble opinion a moose that agros' a player does not feel right to me. I ask you to reconsider this change.

Acknowledged, keep watching. Report any anomalies.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:22 pm

jorb wrote:
LunarArchon wrote:Would you consider making animal aggression seasonal? It would add a dimension to dealing with the mobs instead of just avoiding all the ones you can't outrun... If it mirrors real life moose would be aggressive in fall due to rut, bears in spring and summer due to foraging ect.

We talked about that. I like it, but it was beyond the scope of what we could do for this patch.

It seems kinda bad for the new player experience to be able to pet a moose one week, and have them assrape you to death another

thanks for the map fix btw :D
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby satinembers » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:24 pm

Ooh how about baby wild animals, that are weaker with lower quality material that adults are protective of.
satinembers

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements