Game Development: Fishing for Finery

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Fishing for Finery

Postby shubla » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:56 am

jordancoles wrote:Why did you make the new fishing line cost 2 string instead of 1? If the issue was that you didn't want generic string to be stored in the creel bag you could've just made them 1:1. Fishing is harder now?

I hope that they doubled the durability of fishing line as well.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:58 am

Because they're little spools they should be able to break a couple-few times before they break.

Edit: Like, maybe they could get charges based on quality (2 at q10 say) and your line can break, you lose your hook/bait, but you don't have to replace the line itself until it actually runs out of charges/Breaks.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby NeoBasilisk » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:39 am

fuck I should have finished the fishing credo before this
NeoBasilisk

Postby Reiber » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:59 am

NoBizd wrote:Being red-handed should be punishment for doing bad things to other people. I'm really glad you reverted the Thingwall change. It would make tracking and catching people off their HF nearly impossible and on the other hand it would be too easy to bully hermits/newbs far away from your base. Red-handed = no travel with Thingwall, eot.

it shouldnt be punishment for doing bad stuff. and you don´t get it from that exclusively,

bash an saltbot and his hearthfire. redhanded,
kill the nakedalt trying too lure animals intoo your dryingframes. redhanded,
looting/killing an bandit attacking you. redhanded,
Reiber

Postby Archiplex » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:05 am

Reiber wrote:
NoBizd wrote:Being red-handed should be punishment for doing bad things to other people. I'm really glad you reverted the Thingwall change. It would make tracking and catching people off their HF nearly impossible and on the other hand it would be too easy to bully hermits/newbs far away from your base. Red-handed = no travel with Thingwall, eot.

it shouldnt be punishment for doing bad stuff. and you don´t get it from that exclusively,

bash an saltbot and his hearthfire. redhanded,
kill the nakedalt trying too lure animals intoo your dryingframes. redhanded,
looting/killing an bandit attacking you. redhanded,

Sounds like the castle doctrine and self-defense should be updated so that you don't leave scents for them, then.

As for the bot thing: bots suck, but there's no real way to clear that up without also harming actual players in terms of the crime system.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby popfor » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:35 am

goosebreeder wrote:
jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.
Enjoy!

Variable materials to "Brickwall" when?
Ability to paint on the brickwalls (like a wallpaper) when?

Want to put a huge dickpic on the fresh white walls of my neighbors ...

Hey, all of you passed over goosefucker's post on page 3. Consider something along the lines of a cloth banner that messages (display open to interpretations) could be left on the walls of bases, and people can find ur base from it either as an in-game device, or simply using scents. This works in order for you to essentially order on demand player confrontation of any kind, this functions beyond simply leaving your HS on a rune, allows for variety to initial diplomacy, and acquaints you with the direction of your "neighbor". Claim owners can simply take them down, ez interactions, and allows antagonists like goosefucker (quoted) to get stepped on (erotically) (permadeath). Just prepare for annoying people that actually enjoy the game that are gonna proudly collect banners, let them decay. :roll:
Image Image
my avatar is stolen without permission
#badboysclub
popfor

Location: E̹̙̺̬̖͈̘̭̙̘̔̈́̍͆͌̋̊̈́̀̎d̡̨̺̠̠̜̲̹͕̯̑̀͂͂̈̇̿̏͝͝g̨̙̻̼͎͖̱͔̗͙̐̅̇͗̈́̔͛̌̌͠ŷ͔̼͓̺̮̪̫̙̬̐͊̀́̊͆͝͝͝ͅ

Postby mvgulik » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:15 am

jorb wrote:Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Fixed various client crash and map import/export bugs.

• And added potential new one, to see if you kids are paying attention.
mvgulik

Postby jorb » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:56 am

jordancoles wrote:Why did you make the new fishing line cost 2 string instead of 1? If the issue was that you didn't want generic string to be stored in the creel bag you could've just made them 1:1. Fishing is harder now?

The Bushcraft Fishline can be made from any 2x string, which is in ways more lenient than it used to be, since you can now use e.g. nettles as well. I'd say it's different, rather than simply easier or harder.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby fallout » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:19 am

No issues catching or finding specific fish with the new lines.
Went through a dozen lures and a hook or two, yet to lose a line.
fallout

Postby ogey » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:28 am

jorb wrote:Fixed various animation problems primarily relating to the cape. It should no longer bleed through the character when carrying things aloft, and whatnot.

Dope.
ogey

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements