Game Development: Bumble Pyre

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bumble Pyre

Postby shubla » Sun May 16, 2021 10:36 pm

Bumblebee dungeon and such when picking flowers, when.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Twist » Sun May 16, 2021 10:36 pm

Nice, so Beekeepers Mask and Bee Smoker next ? So we can avoid the pointless wounds from harvesting.
Twist

Postby wonder-ass » Sun May 16, 2021 10:37 pm

shubla wrote:Bumblebee dungeon and such when picking flowers, when.

could be a cool early game way for factions to farm wax. instead of botting/farming swamps yano :roll:
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Archiplex » Sun May 16, 2021 10:42 pm

I'm just trying to figure out of this new coade clay is going to be better than bone clay or not.

Bone clay's quality is only so high because of bones being used in it; coade clay uses glass, which can be brought up by lye (of which, you can use hq bones to make). Then it's also brought up by the quality of 2 stones (which can be extremely high, though bones will be higher up in the whaling era). Bricks can obviously be brought up by fuel, and you can even use other coade clay bricks for it (i think?).

So is this just a more accessable, potentially higher quality, alternative to bone clay? Until you get bones significantly higher quality than your stones, what's even the point of using bone clay?
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Flameturtle » Sun May 16, 2021 10:47 pm

Does the quern have any effect on ql?
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby loftar » Sun May 16, 2021 10:48 pm

Flameturtle wrote:Does the quern have any effect on ql?

No, querns don't have quality at all. We've debated adding that now that you can mine boulders of >10 quality, but I'm not sure it would be a change for the better that you'd need to go mining to get reasonable flour qualities.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Flameturtle » Sun May 16, 2021 10:50 pm

loftar wrote:
Flameturtle wrote:Does the quern have any effect on ql?

No, querns don't have quality at all. We've debated adding that now that you can mine boulders of >10 quality, but I'm not sure it would be a change for the better that you'd need to go mining to get reasonable flour qualities.

Ah thanks, I thought it had been added because we can get higher q boulders but I wasnt sure, and haven't made one myself yet this world
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby Kyria » Sun May 16, 2021 11:06 pm

jorb wrote:Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Gloves, but not Plate Gloves, may now be carried in belts. Suggested here.
  • Beaver Gauntlets are no longer gloves.

It does not work for Lynx Claw Gloves. They are Gloves (even in Name) but you can not put them in the belt.
Don't know if that is wanted.
Kyria

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun May 16, 2021 11:09 pm

Archiplex wrote:I'm just trying to figure out of this new coade clay is going to be better than bone clay or not.

Bone clay's quality is only so high because of bones being used in it; coade clay uses glass, which can be brought up by lye (of which, you can use hq bones to make). Then it's also brought up by the quality of 2 stones (which can be extremely high, though bones will be higher up in the whaling era). Bricks can obviously be brought up by fuel, and you can even use other coade clay bricks for it (i think?).

So is this just a more accessable, potentially higher quality, alternative to bone clay? Until you get bones significantly higher quality than your stones, what's even the point of using bone clay?

this new clay makes not only bone clay but also potter's clay and that ugly w13 brown clay - useless... jorb hit balance one more time... good to know that some big boys with q300+ stones will build top-kilns and then jorb nerf this new clay, so those kilns would be unaccessible for regular players. top-tier catch-up mechanics
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby jordancoles » Sun May 16, 2021 11:17 pm

Kyria wrote:
jorb wrote:Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Gloves, but not Plate Gloves, may now be carried in belts. Suggested here.
  • Beaver Gauntlets are no longer gloves.

It does not work for Lynx Claw Gloves. They are Gloves (even in Name) but you can not put them in the belt.
Don't know if that is wanted.

Lynx gloves don't work as gloves
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements