Game Development: Tar Plow

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Tar Plow

Postby jorb » Sun May 23, 2021 10:08 pm

shubla wrote:
"Coracle"s, "Dugout"s, "Raft"s and "Rowboat"s now all show "Seaworthiness" meters.

Jorb confirmed to have drown in the ocean with rowboat, or why otherwise the sudden change!

Loftar suddenly decided that this was a good idea, so you might want to ask him!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby xChapx » Sun May 23, 2021 10:08 pm

xChapx

Postby dagngayt » Sun May 23, 2021 10:09 pm

I think the seaworthiness feature broke something - I can't fish from either a dugout or a rowboat, with either a bushcraft or primitive casting rod, so deep water fishing can't be done by hand.
dagngayt

Postby pbbllt » Sun May 23, 2021 10:10 pm

Not gonna say no to double coal output xD

Update doubled the coal in kilns that were finished before update
pbbllt

Postby Kyria » Sun May 23, 2021 10:13 pm

jorb wrote:
  • Removed the randomized per-plant crop timers, meaning that all plants in a planted field should finish more or less at the same time, with the only variance being the exact time of planting. Realized that the randomization effectively delayed (elegant) harvesting to the slowest random timer, and didn't like the patchy fields resulting from that, nor how that effect would be reinforced over time, due to growth time accruing in the plants, especially in non-seed plants which can't be homogenized in a barrel or the like. Geographical variance in growth time still applies.
  • Alchemy Elixirs which convert one wound to another should now present that information in their tooltips, rather than state generically that they heal wounds.

Really,really LOVE this :D

Finnaly one field can be handled as one field and not only tile per tile. And the alchemy change is good to. Better Tooltips always help.
Kyria

Postby shubla » Sun May 23, 2021 10:13 pm

jordancoles wrote:nice can you remove the randomization from silk next? its like 1h variance which sucks for irl planning

Maybe buy silk from somebody else or chill and stop being slave of your calendar!
loftar wrote:Old-branch clients certainly won't be supported forever

100 years is not forever, and from what I've observed, 100 years seems like a reasonable time for you to keep supporting them as there is literally no sign of dropping support even though the new client has existed for like 1+ year?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby loftar » Sun May 23, 2021 10:17 pm

dagngayt wrote:I think the seaworthiness feature broke something - I can't fish from either a dugout or a rowboat, with either a bushcraft or primitive casting rod, so deep water fishing can't be done by hand.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to do that, but there does seem to be an issue when you have to move to a new position in order to fish. This is not related to the seaworthiness meter, though, but to the bugfix mentioned to fish from infinite distances. I'll look into that.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Kirche » Sun May 23, 2021 10:22 pm

czaper2 wrote:
Kirche wrote:unobtainable golden plow?

Gold is a soft metal.

Thanks for your help, Captain Obvious.
Kirche

Postby dagngayt » Sun May 23, 2021 10:26 pm

loftar wrote:
dagngayt wrote:I think the seaworthiness feature broke something - I can't fish from either a dugout or a rowboat, with either a bushcraft or primitive casting rod, so deep water fishing can't be done by hand.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to do that, but there does seem to be an issue when you have to move to a new position in order to fish. This is not related to the seaworthiness meter, though, but to the bugfix mentioned to fish from infinite distances. I'll look into that.

I tried two kinds of boats, and moved around, and couldn't fish. But getting out of the boat into shallow water works for now.
dagngayt

Postby czaper2 » Sun May 23, 2021 10:26 pm

Kirche wrote:Thanks for your help, Captain Obvious.

I see steel, meteorite (wut?), wood, wood, iron, and....which hard metal looks like gold, but aint quite gold bud?

Answer to the riddle: eznorB
czaper2

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements