Game Development: Roe Stuffed Fixes

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Roe Stuffed Fixes

Postby Sollar » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:47 pm

Is it me or the hat kinda loses flavour in the Mohawk hairstyle? Feels like a stick is coming out from the hair ... Maybe a little bit raised?
Sollar

Postby SavageFox » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:52 pm

the only hat were missing the ass hat :lol:
SavageFox

Postby Barbamaus » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:58 pm

jorb wrote:We would like to change Visitor Gates so that, rather than building gates as Visitor Gates, you can set them as such while you have a master key for the gate, and with a somewhat significant casting time. We think making that change should be mostly fine, but it may invalidate certain security arrangements that people may have (presently unknown infiltrators with master keys being able to flip visitor gates to normal gates, for example), so we figured we'd run this by the community first. Feel free to opine.

I don't see any downside to it.
Anyone who as been playing for more than 5 minutes already keeps the important master keys on a logged out vault-alt, so your so called infiltrator couldn't reach it anyway.
And even without that change, an infiltrator can easily put stuff outside your claim to let his buddies take it. Fill carts with large chests, or even fill a wagon or a Snekk/Knarr, and you can steal everything very easily. In less than 1 hour such infiltrator can grab all the real valuable stuff you have.
Or if he's just in to grief, even easier: bash cupboards and dump everything on the ground. Visitor gates do not help in any way against infiltrators.
Barbamaus

Postby jordancoles » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:22 pm

If you do the gate change, just make sure that it requires claim rights as well as the master key.

Also, can you just give us that store hat as a weapon and we can call that the patch instead?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Apocoreo » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:27 pm

jorb wrote:[*] We would like to change Visitor Gates so that, rather than building gates as Visitor Gates, you can set them as such while you have a master key for the gate, and with a somewhat significant casting time. We think making that change should be mostly fine, but it may invalidate certain security arrangements that people may have (presently unknown infiltrators with master keys being able to flip visitor gates to normal gates, for example), so we figured we'd run this by the community first. Feel free to opine.

I really feel any big security change should be saved for a world reset. Any number of exploits could crop up. That said, don't really see any trouble for this one.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby loftar » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:32 pm

jordancoles wrote:If you do the gate change, just make sure that it requires claim rights as well as the master key.

Changing and removing locks already work by the normal permission checking mechanisms. I think this mechanic should work consistently with how they do.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Jalpha » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:39 pm

But who will bonk the bonkers.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Barbamaus » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:51 pm

Apocoreo wrote:I really feel any big security change should be saved for a world reset.

I disagree. Doing it right now would allow for people to test it before another world rolls over. Starting fresh without knowing what issues there might be with gates would be very bad.
Barbamaus

Postby jordancoles » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:16 pm

Can we get some new weapon additions soon?

I get that you don't like the idea of adding new moves/weapons if you eventually want to change the combat system, but you can just recycle the current moves and just rename them for the additional weapons in the meantime.

Pickaxes could get a move called "impale" which could basically be the exact same move as sting, only with a pickaxe. Hell, you could even just enable sting and not add a new move. Increased armor penetration with the pick, maybe. Also allow for quick barrage to be used with a pickaxe for killing slimes since right now you have to equip a b12 or a sword after being attacked and it puts you on a crazy-long cooldown.

Frying pans and sledgehammers could get a move called "crush" which would basically be the blunt version of cleave which deals potentially less damage but more armor or hhp damage?

If you do decide to give us some new weapons, can you please make sure to give all new weapons the attack reach of a b12 or a bronze sword? Otherwise they won't be used at all.
For example: cuttblades hold a niche area for strong damage parry/support builds, but due to their small attack reach, they're rarely used in pvp and basically never in pvm. B12s and bronze swords have a longer reach so you either always go b12 for dmg/KOs, or bronze sword for assistive stings at a distance so the b12ers can get in closer for the finishers. Cuttblades with their lower dmg and their lack of reach just makes them meme weapons in most cases.

Please consider these new weapon types, and their range of attack.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:50 pm

loftar wrote:
jordancoles wrote:If you do the gate change, just make sure that it requires claim rights as well as the master key.

Changing and removing locks already work by the normal permission checking mechanisms. I think this mechanic should work consistently with how they do.

So you're saying that anyone who stole master key can freely remove all the visitor's gates from said base making it absolutely defenceless and that would be intended behavior? Cool change indeed.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements