Game Development: Iced Bait

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Iced Bait

Postby mulamishne » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:50 pm

kiddoinc wrote:lol wow you all convinced me. Please make the change so snuggle can shit whenever he needs.

Hey, Ad Hominem! He did it!

When you can afk next to the dude you just murdered, redhand is kinda useless tbh, instead of having me sit there miserable, just let me go home so I can do the chores around my base that make me miserable.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby kiddoinc » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:55 pm

So the summoning system would be favored because you can still respond to criminal acts but there are glitches and exploits and thats the main draw back? Really just trying to understand here.
Last edited by kiddoinc on Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiddoinc

Postby maze » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:17 pm

World 8 to World 10: players would rush in to aggro someone during a fight and people would start porting, or jumping inside safe palis and port out before the other team even had a chance to fight them.

Setting up a safe pali before every fight then running into it when the fight goes south; then teleporting back will become a large issue without red hand.
or catching people off guard who were trying to raid a town, they can't just hide in a house for a moment then teleport out.

I think rather then removing the mechanic of red hand there should be mechanics built around it to help elevate it's problems.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby kiddoinc » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:04 pm

WowGain wrote:
anyone whos take includes moral judgements about someone destroying your fake video game stuff shouldnt be allowed to have opinions on this sort of thing until they graduate grade school finally

No moral judgement made here, in fact please point out where I did.

We should only listen to gamers who have turds hanging from their butts right?
SnuggleSnail wrote:
I long for the days when I could logout for 10 minutes and take a shit without hearthing back to or my base, or without hearing the player alarm from my bathroom and running to my computer with a dump halfway out my ass.
kiddoinc

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:14 pm

tfw your argument is unironically "anybody who might need to leave their computer for a moment for any reason shouldn't be able to play this game"
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby kiddoinc » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:33 pm

But you can leave your computer right? Youre being melodramatic. You just dont want to be inconvenienced by hearthing home or by traveling home. I get your argument now.
I mean you have schroedingers character he is both trivially replaceable but also so precious you have to stop your bowel movements to prevent its demise.

So the issue with summoning is that you can exploit it?
kiddoinc

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:53 am

maze wrote:World 8 to World 10: players would rush in to aggro someone during a fight and people would start porting, or jumping inside safe palis and port out before the other team even had a chance to fight them.

Setting up a safe pali before every fight then running into it when the fight goes south; then teleporting back will become a large issue without red hand.
or catching people off guard who were trying to raid a town, they can't just hide in a house for a moment then teleport out.

I think rather then removing the mechanic of red hand there should be mechanics built around it to help elevate it's problems.

XDDDD how would that be an issue if they are in the safe pali they are 100% safe them staying there for 1hour vs them porting back instantly makes no difference.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Vigilance » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:00 am

really fucking hate that at the end of the day half the bad "annoying for pvp players" mechanics cant even be mentioned by certain figures because people will adamantly dig their heels in to utterly refuse to yield any ground

redhand is dogass and means absolutely nothing (wow i have to afk in this abandoned shithole for an hour, wow i have to snake through a cave system to idle for an hour, wow I gotta scroll leather in and out of my inventory to KO so i can go to bed)
outlaw is a shitty tedium that means literally nothing except "You lose marginal freedoms and have to do some things more carefully"
pop m-rage and have to sit in a wall for 24 hours because it didnt matter at all ((OR JUST RUN AROUND AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT BECAUSE NOBODY WILL ACTUALLY PUNISH YOU FOR YOUR ACTIONS))

just because you're afraid of getting criminal'd doesnt mean you have to make sure its a pile of steaming annoyance and you should probably just pick a more meaningful and less petty target to be obtuse about
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Massa » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:09 am

kiddoinc wrote:But you can leave your computer right? Youre being melodramatic. You just dont want to be inconvenienced by hearthing home or by traveling home. I get your argument now.
I mean you have schroedingers character he is both trivially replaceable but also so precious you have to stop your bowel movements to prevent its demise.

So the issue with summoning is that you can exploit it?

2019 join date
no posts
garbage opinion
dragging your garbage opinion across 3 fucking pages like a giant incoherent skidmark
never played game
doesn't care about game
one random shitty opinion vs. the opinion of all of this game's very consistent playerbase who wants it to thrive and succeed
reddit moment!

Red handed does not protect players. It does not protect players from faction entities. It will not protect you, or anyone, if you even play the game. It is bad. Fundamentally, not good.
Last edited by Massa on Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby kiddoinc » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:13 am

How do you know I dont play just curious? Something something assumptions... We going to discredit anyone with a recent join date?

Also Ive tried to move on and have you guys like explain your position but all you do is attack me so whose fault is it now?

All ive seen so far is basically "Trust us bro" we know cuz hurr durr we are hardcores. People come in with different opinions and even ask for you all to elaborate and you just get defensive.
kiddoinc

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements