DevStream 2021-12-20, 20:00 UTC

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: DevStream 2021-12-20, 20:00 UTC

Postby wolf1000wolf » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:15 pm

shubla wrote:Its not about practice. Most people just don't want to pvp simply, but play for other aspects of the game.
Devs are not making pvp battle arena game, they even said on stream that they don't have much of experience of pvp.

Unfortunately the devs also said on stream they're 100% against ingame moderation. So what alternatives do we have in terms of a mechanic to allow for "conflict resolution"?
wolf1000wolf

Postby shubla » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:22 pm

wolf1000wolf wrote:
shubla wrote:Its not about practice. Most people just don't want to pvp simply, but play for other aspects of the game.
Devs are not making pvp battle arena game, they even said on stream that they don't have much of experience of pvp.

Unfortunately the devs also said on stream they're 100% against ingame moderation. So what alternatives do we have in terms of a mechanic to allow for "conflict resolution"?

I'm not necessarily asking to remove pvp completely.
I'm just asking not to make it a retarded sprucecap killing and raiding fest.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby wolf1000wolf » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:58 pm

shubla wrote:
wolf1000wolf wrote:

I'm not necessarily asking to remove pvp completely.
I'm just asking not to make it a retarded sprucecap killing and raiding fest.

Any actual implementable suggestions though? Fyi I agree with your sentiments.

The only thing I can think of is it incentivize similar level PvP by heavily punishing characters who kill other characters who are far beneath their stats. This way, sprucecaps who die can't complain about beign just outstatted and also promotes ppl to git gud at combat.

But that brings with it its own problems...?
wolf1000wolf

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:24 pm

If the issue is noobs getting out-statted, having a noob-friendly continent that has a stat/gear quality cap is a random thought I had. Not really sure how it'd actually work out, but it could be interesting.
DDDsDD999

Postby VDZ » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:47 am

wolf1000wolf wrote:Or was stupid and carrying their master key.

The key system is fucking tedious, though. I'm not sure if this is still the case or if slave keys + base construction constraints have removed the need, but it used to be that "pro players" simply used alts to open their gates. And that's technically still the safest solution. Myself, I just make most of my gates visitor gates and always have them open so I don't need to bother with keys.

wolf1000wolf wrote:Heck, even an attempt to normalize death would help inoculate new players. Something like "Welcome new hearthling. You WILL die, either from wild critters or hostile heathlings, BUT here's what to do afterwards ...."

VDZ

Postby shubla » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:24 pm

Any actual implementable suggestions though?

Siege can be reverted to previous systems where it was easier to defend.

Redhand debuffs etc. can be increased a lot to make killing everyone you meet a bit more difficult and so on. There are plenty of ways for this.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
shubla

Postby mulamishne » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:58 pm

shubla wrote:
Any actual implementable suggestions though?

Siege can be reverted to previous systems where it was easier to defend.

Redhand debuffs etc. can be increased a lot to make killing everyone you meet a bit more difficult and so on. There are plenty of ways for this.

Damn Shubla, did someone siege you this world too? The best way to not get sieged is by not being a cancerous individual because almost no one is gonna decide to camp rams unless you've already upset them in some way.

A tutorial about how to run or something would prolly be a cool way to get people into pvp or at least increase survival rates. I remember last world where Snail chased a streamer on 2 speed for like two minutes and the guy though he was genuinely escaping.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby Willberfollower » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:32 am

So many of you are complaining about pvp but its such a sick feature. I love the uneasiness when you talk to another player and you have to use your own judgement whether to trust them. the game just wouldn't be the same in the slightest without it. There's no way they should lower the punishment for dyeing ether you want player to try their hardest to stay alive. its why people play battle royals, cause it feels so much more significant playing, then if you were to just respawn.
Willberfollower

Postby pawnchito » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:08 am

mulamishne wrote:A tutorial about how to run or something would prolly be a cool way to get people into pvp or at least increase survival rates. I remember last world where Snail chased a streamer on 2 speed for like two minutes and the guy though he was genuinely escaping.

This. If you are serious about surviving you should watch a youtube of some dude being slippery for 30 minutes. You learn SO much. Heck even outrunning a boar through angle clicking and catching speed buff avoiding getting caught on trees and crap is a good starting practice.
pawnchito

Postby shubla » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:39 am

Willberfollower wrote:I love the uneasiness when you talk to another player and you have to use your own judgement whether to trust them. .

99% of pvp encounters are just instant aggros and 2 secs and you're KO'd. Romantic picture like that is not the reality.
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements