Game Development: Merry Igloo!

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Merry Igloo!

Postby Reyajh » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:14 pm

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.

[*]... Added some Road building QoL...

[*] While holding an item and right-clicking a container, you can now hold Alt to only take from the container, rather than first attempting to transfer to the container...

Awesome stuff! All of it, love it! Thank you!!!
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Postby loftar » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:16 pm

jordancoles wrote:More key commands that will never be written down anywhere ingame

I don't disagree, but I'm still certain that it's better than a flower menu popping up to present the options.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Reyajh » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:19 pm

jordancoles wrote:Igloos, awesome :D

More key commands that will never be written down anywhere ingame

Well, I don't disagree either but, that's why there's a wiki.
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Postby pawnchito » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:22 pm

loftar wrote:
jordancoles wrote:More key commands that will never be written down anywhere ingame

I don't disagree, but I'm still certain that it's better than a flower menu popping up to present the options.

Keep them in the key binds menu so we can change them if needed but also recall them when we inevitably forget.
pawnchito

Postby vatas » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:33 pm

pawnchito wrote:
loftar wrote:

Keep them in the key binds menu so we can change them if needed but also recall them when we inevitably forget.

+1
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:42 pm

I will be very nice and genuinely objective, ok? ok
jorb wrote:[*] Added some Road building QoL. A vector is now drawn between the previous Road sign, and the one you are currently placing, indicating the walk path the placement will yield. The game will by default prevent blocked roads from being built, but you can insist by holding shift.

Excellent work, you've outdone yourselves. I love this and I think every single person loves this change.

jorb wrote:[*] Redrew various UI elements in higher resolution to better support UI scaling: Log in button, buttons to shift character selection list up/down, "New Character"-button.

I'm sure many appreciates this.

jorb wrote:[*] The default client now displays LP per hour information on curiosities. Hovering over a curiosity will color all curios currently in your mentory in shades of green or red, depending on if their LP/h is better or worse than the one you're currently hovering over.

Why have you added a feature every single custom client has, but figured out a way to make it so much worse to the extent of which it is useless, by which I mean using the in-game time to calculate the LP/H?
Just... why? how?

jorb wrote:[*] While holding an item and right-clicking a container, you can now hold Alt to only take from the container, rather than first attempting to transfer to the container. Useful, for example, when you want to light a branch on a fireplace without first filling the fireplace up with fuel (e.g. branches).

Good. Very good, we all appreciate this.

jorb wrote:[*] Fixed a bug by which "Brandy" could not be learned.

Very nice, fixing bugs is always appreciated more than you think, no matter the bug.

jorb wrote:[*] Added debug code to find the problem with mandrake spawning.

Nice.

jorb wrote:[*] Churning butter is now faster.

Good. Very good, we all appreciate this very much.

jorb wrote:[*] Added a descriptive tooltip to "Still".

Cool.

jorb wrote:[*] Fixed a bug by which going directly from boat to a horse would give added statusbar meters erroneous offsets.

Very nice, fixing bugs is always appreciated more than you think, no matter the bug.

jorb wrote:[*] Fixed a bug by which outlaws could be dismounted when not logged in.[/list]

This one I don't understand, but whatever it's ok.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Pommfritz » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:42 pm

uhh my horse just died while riding through a gate and closing it behind me. not sure if it has anything to do with the update but this never happened before ^^

the horse did never get KO'd before I believe. I was riding towards it, opening, step forward through the gate, closed it, I ran forward wondering why I'm dismounted, turned around and saw my dead horse.

Pommfritz

Postby rye130 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:47 pm

jorb wrote:Added "Jelly Casing", a casing made from gellant and flour.

This seems pretty useless to me. Never have I had too much gellant and too little casings.

Other than that pretty cool patch. Road QOL seems nice!
rye130

Postby pawnchito » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:55 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] The default client now displays LP per hour information on curiosities. Hovering over a curiosity will color all curios currently in your mentory in shades of green or red, depending on if their LP/h is better or worse than the one you're currently hovering over.

Why have you added a feature every single custom client has, but figured out a way to make it so much worse to the extent of which it is useless, by which I mean using the in-game time to calculate the LP/H?
Just... why? how?

This kind of stuff is why Vanilla Client is the superior client. Now you can play video game and bust out an abacus to convert Haven hours to RL hours.

Although I admit its positive because if the base game has it it will likely trickle down to other modders and all will have this feature but corrected for real life.
pawnchito

Postby talon00302 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:15 pm

Sprucecap on the hunt for the redrawn dhelm with 4k thickets.

good update btw :)
talon00302

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements