Game Development: Whirling Radii

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Whirling Radii

Postby strpk0 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:43 am

MadNomad wrote:rather easy

shubla wrote:You have to be autistic and have no life to do it.

pick one

also, buffing archery towers to the point that siege becomes impossible isn't a solution
neither is reverting to legacy's system of having to 24/7 camp a ram or have it broken by a million alts
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby MadNomad » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:49 am

strpk0 wrote:neither is reverting to legacy's system of having to 24/7 camp a ram or have it broken by a million alts

more like one day, which was perfectly reasonable, as it was just a tiny amount of the time it takes to create a village and everything inside of it

and even then it was easy to miss the day when someone places it, because you never know when someone is about to do it

you know, not all people are chained to the computer

perhaps we could have it like so: it takes 7 days for the siege equipment to dry and become usable, but each day, there are two 4 hour periods(8 hour away from each other) when it can be hand-bashed

it's only reasonable that something someone spent whole months of building on doesn't get burned to dirt within a day, and at least someone could take a short break from the game instead of being chained,
that is not healthy

month of sieging would on the other hand of course be too long, and cows would die by that time anyway possibly also auth could be wrecked, so one week is just perfect, as it is a period adjusted to the amount of work this week is about to ruin

I'm sure some desperate so called "autists" would proceed to do these sieges in this case anyway, and it's not like those wouldn't be chained regardless
MadNomad

Postby strpk0 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:26 am

you continue to pull arguments and figures out of your ass, yet show no evidence or reasoning to back any of it
just having a million opinions on everything doesn't mean you're right

siege is terrible, and the only reason why so many sieges succeed is because (in my experience the 6-7 times i've helped my village do so thus far) the defenders largely spend 22 out of the 24 hours they have staring at the ram instead of actively fighting back, and the final two hours half assedly building 3 archery towers within enemy catapult range (no own catapults placed out of range and moved in to attack/counter rams/etc) and then being surprised when those immediately get broken
or rather, they spend all of their time alt vaulting / stashing / despawning their loot so by the time you break into the village there's nothing to gain from it other than destroying the village (which tends to take additional hours or days to reach the v idol and destroy it)

already nobody bothers sieging anyone (except a few autists that only do it because they know people are stupid/lazy and won't bother defending at all), because even with how lazy defenders are they usually spend the couple of hours it takes to make sure the raiders get 0 profit from it, so making it a week long process makes 0 sense and you might aswell remove it entirely at that point
Last edited by strpk0 on Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

strpk0

Postby Asakus » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:36 am

strpk0 wrote:(no own catapults placed out of range and moved in to attack/counter rams/etc) and then being surprised when those immediately get broken

catapult requires brimstone, and it decays quickly, it is simply unreasonable to expect someone to have it prepared in the perfect time

and the attackers can go on a brimstone harvesting spree when they are about to attack

also you expect evidence that 1 day is easy to miss if someone is not chained to computer? XD
also isn't the above post some form of reasoning? actually it expresses some thought
the arguments are not out of ass, they are just logical conclussions that even someone with basic childish thinking can make

strpk0 wrote:making it a week long process makes 0 sense and you might aswell remove it entirely at that point

having a higher security standard makes no sense? interesting
Asakus

Postby strpk0 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:44 am

Asakus wrote:catapult requires brimstone, and it decays quickly, it is simply unreasonable to expect someone to have it prepared in the perfect time

and just like that you've made a much more solid argument than "lol siege is too easy", "make it harder", "also only autists actually do it so clearly the last 2 sentences are false"

the part that is ass pulling is when you clearly have no clue how any of these systems work, haven't tried them or seen how they work in practice, yet you suggest stuff like "make it take a week to siege"
being a loudmouth spewing wrong opinions on everything is probably the worst way to get things to change if you actually care about them at best, and at worst its just mindless forum spam that is desperately trying to look like an informed opinion
Last edited by strpk0 on Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

strpk0

Postby Asakus » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:45 am

strpk0 wrote:"also only autists actually do it so clearly the last 2 sentences are false"

not only, among them those are, where did you see the word "only" ?

strpk0 wrote:the part that is ass pulling is when you clearly have no clue how any of these systems work

tell us the flaw in the understanding if you are so smart

strpk0 wrote:haven't tried them

actually I have, do you see through walls and thousands of kilometers to know what someone is doing?
Asakus

Postby strpk0 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:52 am

i'm clearly not referring to your posts with any of those lmao, but ok retard I'm sure you're a siege expert, sorry for the misunderstanding

my point is, making simple suggestions like "make brimstone not cancer" atleast to me seems way more productive than anything else siege related in this thread thus far, saying shit like "siege is too easy" when it clearly isn't is just malicious shitposting
Last edited by strpk0 on Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

strpk0

Postby Asakus » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:54 am

strpk0 wrote:malicious shitposting

how can I know you're not maliciously shitposting? too hard to wreck the nabs eh?

fair arguments are being brought up, you disagreeing with them doesn't automatically turn them into shitpost
Last edited by Asakus on Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Asakus

Postby strpk0 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:56 am

oh you're actually just MadNomad's alt
I guess I get baited too easily into these amazing conversations :oops:

Last edited by strpk0 on Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

strpk0

Postby Asakus » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:57 am

you should become a detective
Asakus

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements