Game Development: Bull Ram

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bull Ram

Postby WowGain » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:25 pm

VDZ wrote:
donatas081294 wrote:And why the fuck community became so toxic did people forget how to have fun in the game? Since I only heard horror stories on discord (yea yea it's unofficial and anything goes, but still) while in game is same-ish toxicity. (kinda stopped playing as the world became kinda boring-ish and waiting for them big quest update)

Or was the community always this bad and discord only let them trully speak out?

The only remaining moderator spent 4 pages of posts trying to equate pedophilia to being gay and realized that he'd never be welcome in a community of sane people again.

Ftfy
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Audiosmurf » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:38 pm

I do find it somewhat chilling that jorb hasn't shown up since the anniversary of his registration.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby shubla » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:48 pm

Another explanation for absence: maybe they're just pondering the new moderators for forums, a long process, pic related ¦]
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby mulamishne » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:04 am

It's been obvious for a while about the waning dev interest.

Patch quality has been abysmal this entire world, the what was supposed to be monthly dev-stream happened twice, Nvidia bug, and the fix to realms being a fucking in-game TOS made it all too obvious how much they've cared lately.

Besides, what do we have to look forward to? Tree conversations lmao
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby Pills » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:29 am

mulamishne wrote:It's been obvious for a while about the waning dev interest.

Patch quality has been abysmal this entire world, the what was supposed to be monthly dev-stream happened twice, Nvidia bug, and the fix to realms being a fucking in-game TOS made it all too obvious how much they've cared lately.

Besides, what do we have to look forward to? Tree conversations lmao

The thing is though, this game has been going for 13 years. Devs don't owe the players anything, if they just backed out of it and did nothing but yearly resets i'd probably still play tbh.

But the absolute batshit insane sense of self-entitlement the handful of people that are hellbent on destroying the forum and the game the past few weeks speaks volumes about their character. People need to just grow the fuck up and move on with their lives.
Pills

Postby VDZ » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:19 am

Pills wrote:Devs don't owe the players anything

What? In addition to the fee for the service that is the bronze sub, they also offer silver and gold subs to those who further wish to support the game's development. Those subs are purchased under the impression that the game will be developed further. They're not legally obligated anything (not even keeping the server up and running) but if they were to ever stop developing they're at least morally obligated to tell us so as not to raise the false impression that buying higher tier subs will do anything for the game. When you pay for something, it's reasonable to expect to get what you were implied to get for it.

I don't think they've made any conscious decision to abort Haven development, though. Rather, I'm worried they may be dealing with personal stuff that leaves them unable to work on Haven or something. If it's not anything that drastic, they really should pop in for a bit, briefly explain why they've been so quiet and appoint a forum mod.
VDZ

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:33 am

Pills wrote:The thing is though, this game has been going for 13 years. Devs don't owe the players anything, if they just backed out of it and did nothing but yearly resets i'd probably still play tbh.

I'd play too, but I think anybody who dumped like $400 USD on a gold sub would disagree about being owed something.

If they are taking an extended break I think now is a very good time to say I told you so about all of the bad concepts and broken mechanics they never took the easy route to fixing/polishing/removing. Realms/seasons remain absolute steaming pile of shit you've to eat around on the otherwise reasonably nice meal that is haven.

It is also very funny that in the last few patches Jorbtar completely fucked vehicle movement in the most unintuitive/unfun way, and buffed the least fun, least skill based combat deck to the point it blows every other deck out of the water effectively reducing the skill cap of PVP to like 10% of what it was. Chad timing tbh
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Pills » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:02 am

Idk, I've dropped 1 year gold subs the last two worlds, it is what it is.

If you have since resubbed after world start subs expire then that's your choice. But at the end of the day they are still just 2 dudes who started this over 13 years ago. Most of us that are active on the forums have been here for.the majority of the entire games lifespan. I'd say we've had our moneys worth.
Pills

Postby WowGain » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:39 am

Pills wrote:Idk, I've dropped 1 year gold subs the last two worlds, it is what it is.

W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:26 am

Pills wrote:Idk, I've dropped 1 year gold subs the last two worlds, it is what it is.

If you have since resubbed after world start subs expire then that's your choice. But at the end of the day they are still just 2 dudes who started this over 13 years ago. Most of us that are active on the forums have been here for.the majority of the entire games lifespan. I'd say we've had our moneys worth.

"I've spent over 400 bucks on this game over the last 2 years and I wouldn't care if they literally just shut it down"

today I learned haven has gangsters

nice flex bro

I bet all the haven ladies are weak in the knees knowing how rich and care free you are :lol:
Zentetsuken

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements