Game Development: Bull Ram

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bull Ram

Postby MadNomad » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:10 pm

devs should just get some good moderator or two and take a few month break from this pathola
MadNomad

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:13 pm

Pills wrote:Devs don't owe the players anything

I know this is a statement rather than a question, but I just want to mention what's written on the store page:

Store Page wrote:It may sound like something out of the fantastical, but Haven & Hearth was built entirely by two Gnomes in a Tower. The Gnomes are day and night hard at work providing you with this strange and wonderful thing, and would very much appreciate any excess Gold you'd care to throw into their rainbowed pot in exchange, for the toils of gnomish labors are lessened with each dubloon.

I'm not saying *you* should feel like they owe you something, but I'm assuming this is why other gold subscribers probably feel like the devs should... at least care.

I'm sure there are some cookies out there that have been gold subbing every world. I'd understand why they'd want this game to succeed more than I do, or anyone else does.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Pills » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:24 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
Pills wrote:Devs don't owe the players anything

I know this is a statement rather than a question, but I just want to mention what's written on the store page:

Store Page wrote:I'm not saying *you* should feel like they owe you something, but I'm assuming this is why other gold subscribers probably feel like the devs should... at least care.

I'm sure there are some cookies out there that have been gold subbing every world. I'd understand why they'd want this game to succeed more than I do, or anyone else does.

I completely understand that, when I say "Devs don't owe the players anything" I don't mean "I don't think the devs should care"

I hope the devs do still care about this game and its longevity. However, I also care about the devs, not just the game. What sane person would look at the toxic garbage thats been posted all over the forum by a handful of people over the last few weeks and want to continue to have any part of that?

Its easy to say "oh just moderate it" but at the same time after 13 years it wouldn't surprise me if they just thought "you know what, fuck these guys." because the loud minority can very easily appear to be the silent majority.
Pills

Postby noindyfikator » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:50 pm

Any news? Patch? What's going on?
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby CorwinOfAmber » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:48 am

noindyfikator wrote:Any news? Patch? What's going on?

Loftar wrote:
Right, I realized that the other day but apparently forgot it as quickly again. Thanks!

Uephorias wrote:
And the game isn't dead, just on life support indefinitely
CorwinOfAmber

Postby Semja » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:07 pm

It's Easter time, everyone :)
And as much as I hope to hear something nice from Jorb or Loftar (or both of them ♥) it's also maybe time to spent some time with friends and family and enjoy the nice weather.

I also feel somewhat uneasy about the lack of information, but sometimes you just need a break. So let's be patient and wait for our two favorite-devs to return with lots of motivation and energy back - and maybe more informations about the long-time-project of the talking trees and the maybe connected world-reset.
Until then: enjoy the sun, eat some ice cream but don't forget to feed the goats once a week ;D
Semja

Postby dageir » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:32 pm

We already have talking trees, and the concept is not good.
dageir

Postby BoxingRock » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:20 pm

Semja wrote:It's Easter time, everyone :)
And as much as I hope to hear something nice from Jorb or Loftar (or both of them ♥) it's also maybe time to spent some time with friends and family and enjoy the nice weather.

I also feel somewhat uneasy about the lack of information, but sometimes you just need a break. So let's be patient and wait for our two favorite-devs to return with lots of motivation and energy back - and maybe more informations about the long-time-project of the talking trees and the maybe connected world-reset.
Until then: enjoy the sun, eat some ice cream but don't forget to feed the goats once a week ;D

This isn't just a break. This is years of ever-increasing negligence and dishonesty that is hitting dozens and dozens of players breaking points as it seems to indefinitely expand.

Players have begged the devs to be more open, honest and communicative about development for years and they have come up with every excuse and dodge in the book to avoid simply keeping us informed.

They have dishonestly left up the option to give them massive sums of money in the store, seemingly knowing that they have zero intention to provide the service they have made users accustom to.

People have literally payed 200+ dollars out of their pocket to support development this year and there is practically nothing to show for it, not even a roadmap. There has been an abysmal amount of communication all year, broken promises with dev streams disappearing out of nowhere and radio silence for months. Oh, and a now 8-month long project to expand one of the dumbest and least used systems in the game that has grown in to one of the biggest memes in this community's history... and we haven't heard a single word about it outside of the copy-pasted bullshit they put at the end of the game "development" threads.

If this was just an innocent easter break, a simple silent extra week or two around a holiday, there would be absolutely no problem.

What we are dealing with is calculated dishonesty, militant adherence to stubbornness and principles that include deliberate lack of communication with hopeful, paying customers.

People have absolutely every right to be mad, to be protesting and to be treating this forum with the same amount of respect we get from the devs.
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby iamahh » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:18 pm

damn you kids play because of the patches? I play because of the world and the game, already tons of stuff to create, can't keep up...:lol:

if hopefully they make OCO I will need a 48h day to itch the addiction
iamahh

Postby MadNomad » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:21 pm

iamahh wrote:damn you kids play because of the patches?

most of people do not even cry on forums about patches, or use/post on forum at all, the game is already in good shape, there are a few things to fix here and there, but it's mostly a game already good enough to play

should you have some good suggestion to implement in game, feel free to say so in C&I Subforum, so people can discuss it, just wait for the current spamming idiot to stop, otherwise your message won't be noticed
MadNomad

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements