Game Development: Bull Ram

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bull Ram

Postby Vigilance » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:51 am

popfor wrote:beautiful satire

man honestly i like to boot up legacy here and there just to remember how fucking playable this game became compared to how it was. while i really miss the 2d sprite aesthetic man oh fucking man would those assets take centuries to make compared to shitting out something in blender in 45 minutes for a patch hat (if you've ever res-tool'd the leather cloak of old, you'd understand.)

friendly reminder that the default client currently has more functionality than any legacy client (that i ever touched) ever did without scripts

its important to remember where we came from tbh

new world when
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby CorwinOfAmber » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:18 pm

Vigilance wrote:
popfor wrote:beautiful satire

man honestly i like to boot up legacy here and there just to remember how fucking playable this game became compared to how it was. while i really miss the 2d sprite aesthetic man oh fucking man would those assets take centuries to make compared to shitting out something in blender in 45 minutes for a patch hat (if you've ever res-tool'd the leather cloak of old, you'd understand.)

friendly reminder that the default client currently has more functionality than any legacy client (that i ever touched) ever did without scripts

its important to remember where we came from tbh

new world when

"All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again."

TL:DR dead game
Loftar wrote:
Right, I realized that the other day but apparently forgot it as quickly again. Thanks!

Uephorias wrote:
And the game isn't dead, just on life support indefinitely
CorwinOfAmber

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:29 pm

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby noindyfikator » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:36 pm

Any news about updates?
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby DonVelD » Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:59 pm

Unfortunately, there will not be a patch this month either. Aiming for next month.

Apologies.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby noindyfikator » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:34 pm

DonVelD wrote:Unfortunately, there will not be a patch this month either. Aiming for next month.

Apologies.

Thanks for info, glad to see they hire new developers
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby VDZ » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:30 pm

For real though, the devs have been really silent lately. What's going on?
VDZ

Postby Pills » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:00 pm

VDZ wrote:For real though, the devs have been really silent lately. What's going on?

They probably looked at the state of the forums and said "fuck this". I hope that's not the case but I wouldn't be surprised if they just noped out for a while over the state of things the last couple of weeks.
Pills

Postby Sevenless » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:06 pm

VDZ wrote:For real though, the devs have been really silent lately. What's going on?

I'm not one to spread rumours... but in the past the devs have liked releasing relatively large content updates at the beginning of a world. There has also been dev "silences" that lead to world restarts. Probably to work on said content that needs to be released in a batch.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby BoxingRock » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:34 pm

Pills wrote:

They probably looked at the state of the forums and said "fuck this". I hope that's not the case but I wouldn't be surprised if they just noped out for a while over the state of things the last couple of weeks.

The thread that started the current state of retardation was made at the very start of March.

We had 1 shitty update since then and even 1 user who did a lot of terrible shit banned. The main thread that started everything was deleted and there have been some minor moderations and DM replies in the last weeks as well.

There is exactly 2 options for what is going on

either 1 - they are spending a lot of time prepping stuff for a new world and/or just busy irl at a coincidental time which is causing a record low 2-3 month long radio silence

2 - they have lost so much motivation and care for the game and its community that this is the result

imo both are equally likely

the forums have gone though massive states of total retarding before, this isn't something new. We're seen MONTHS where shubla shitposts in the exact same fashion that madnomad is right now, literally filling the entire front page of C&I with 1 word, no effort obvious troll bullshit and he has not even been curfewed for it.

the forums are just jorb's play thing for when he is bored as fuck and needs a to feel like an authoritative figure, he has let much more bullshit happen for much longer without consequence. Literally the ONLY thing that makes any difference in the current state of moderation is his IRL mood at the time.

there is literally nothing out of the ordinary with what is happening lately besides the focus on such unfortunate subject matter, and that is simply a byproduct of the event that started the current state of unrest
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements