A Plea for Moderation

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: A Plea for Moderation

Postby shubla » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:49 pm

Would like to hear devs comments if their new approach to moderation is indeed monthly cleanup of forums. I don't think its sufficient regarding the 29 other days!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Procne » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:50 pm

Just wanted to say that the treatment MagicManICT received was grossly unfair. I think he was a good mod over the years, and at least deserved the benefit of doubt.
People need to leave the internet every now and then, and stop doing witch hunts whenever they disagree with someone.
Procne

Postby shubla » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:51 pm

Procne wrote:Just wanted to say that the treatment MagicManICT received was grossly unfair. I think he was a good mod over the years, and at least deserved the benefit of doubt.
People need to leave the internet every now and then, and stop doing witch hunts whenever they disagree with someone.

They were all just trying to troll and cause problems anyways, should just ban such people.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby mulamishne » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:07 pm

Kinda unhealthy to have a blank slate of the thread and already be screaming for bans.

I know the content of polish recruitment thread had quickly soured, but I thought dwarves and thieves had allowed non English languages. Is it gonna be a case by case basis or is this gonna be a future rule?
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby Harthel » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:08 pm

Procne wrote:Just wanted to say that the treatment MagicManICT received was grossly unfair. I think he was a good mod over the years, and at least deserved the benefit of doubt.

They were fine until they started comparing homosexuality to pedophilia, then doubled-down on it.

What was even the point of re-making this thread when literally nothing has been addressed? Appoint some new moderators already, otherwise this thread will be headed in the exact same direction.
Harthel

Postby jorb » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:10 pm

mulamishne wrote:Kinda unhealthy to have a blank slate of the thread and already be screaming for bans.

I know the content of polish recruitment thread had quickly soured, but I thought dwarves and thieves had allowed non English languages. Is it gonna be a case by case basis or is this gonna be a future rule?

If a thread like that degenerates then I will at least be quick to throw it in the trash can since moderating it through google translate seems less than optimal.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby DonVelD » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:11 pm

jorb wrote:
mulamishne wrote:Kinda unhealthy to have a blank slate of the thread and already be screaming for bans.

If a thread like that degenerates then I will at least be quick to throw it in the trash can since moderating it through google translate seems less than optimal.

It was a bunch of whining from OP and not too much of recruiting. Its for the better that it was held.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:19 pm

was fun reading it
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby dafels » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:19 pm

thanks for cleaning the cesspit up.
now it is time to purge the top 5 posters from the old thread :)
dafels

Postby Jackwolf » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:20 pm

jtpitner wrote:I miss TeckKnight

You and me both. I got excited seeing a new discord alert about a new announcement,
came here and read the re-introduction to the team. Got really excited, then sad.
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements