A Plea for Moderation

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: A Plea for Moderation

Postby jordancoles » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:43 pm

Top lel
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Harthel » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:45 pm

jorb wrote:Dearest community.

The old moderation thread exploded on me, and was full of stuff that needed moderation. It has been archived as nuclear waste. Let us do better with this new thread.

Let me re-introduce you to your friendly (mileage may vary) neighborhood moderation team; The Five Horsemen of the Altpocalypse: sabinati, kaka, Onep, TeckXKnight, and MagicManICT.

Most moderators on this list are currently inactive, but I will be looking at expanding the moderation team, as we seem to need it.

Moderators moderate at their own discretion, and may enforce rules opportunistically. This is the thread where you give them feedback on their moderation, for good or for bad.

Thank you for helping us with the forums, gentlemen.

Enjoy!

So basically....
Harthel

Postby bumfrog » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:28 am

jorb? Using the forum?

In this economy?

In all seriousness there is a dire need for new mods and I hope a few candidates are being actively considered. Something about “receiving no news or patches for a month, and no new world for over a year” can make the playerbase a little extra wacky.
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby Festipiggy123 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:10 am

jorb what are your thoughts on this w14 wipe and release date of June 16th? https://imgur.com/a/czJB4mU proof right here
this is basically confirmed now so no hope in denying it, can't wait for the new world full of 16 total people :D
Festipiggy123

Postby Thatguyintheback100 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:10 am

I've seen this leak floating around about reset is it real?

https://imgur.com/a/czJB4mU
Thatguyintheback100

Postby VDZ » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:35 am

Glad to see Jorb return. (Loftar is still MIA.) Jorb, is there any particular reason you and Loftar haven't been active on the forums lately? Were you just focused on development and too busy to pay attention to the forum, did personal matters come up and distract you from the forums (or even the game as a whole), did you just tire of the forums...? It was rather worrying to have nothing but complete radio silence for such a long time. Even now I'm still a bit worried that we'll get like some announcement that Loftar has been in the hospital for the past two months and everything is fucked, or something like that.
VDZ

Postby BoxingRock » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:54 am

jorb if you are going to be bored enough to start moderating and literally editing posts on the forum again can you maybe set down some new set of rules?

It's really hard to tell what is going to irk you on any given day when there are 100s of posts filled with extreme, hateful racism, blatant homophobia, and obvious trolling that are still umoderated and went untouched for months.
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby jorb » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:18 pm

VDZ wrote:Glad to see Jorb return. (Loftar is still MIA.) Jorb, is there any particular reason you and Loftar haven't been active on the forums lately? Were you just focused on development and too busy to pay attention to the forum, did personal matters come up and distract you from the forums (or even the game as a whole), did you just tire of the forums...? It was rather worrying to have nothing but complete radio silence for such a long time. Even now I'm still a bit worried that we'll get like some announcement that Loftar has been in the hospital for the past two months and everything is fucked, or something like that.

Eh, nah, we're all good, lol. Loftar was away for a week, and I ignored the forums for a while.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jorb » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:22 pm

BoxingRock wrote:jorb if you are going to be bored enough to start moderating and literally editing posts on the forum again can you maybe set down some new set of rules?

It's really hard to tell what is going to irk you on any given day when there are 100s of posts filled with extreme, hateful racism, blatant homophobia, and obvious trolling that are still umoderated and went untouched for months.

I'm moderating this particular thread as I read it, and I've cleared out all reports in the "Active threads list". Swamp should perhaps be drained, but not today.

Have you tried basic manners and leaving your tourette's at home? Not calling people retarded &c&c?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby jorb » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:24 pm

Thatguyintheback100 wrote:I've seen this leak floating around about reset is it real?

https://imgur.com/a/czJB4mU

Broken link + no.

jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements