A Plea for Moderation

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: A Plea for Moderation

Postby BoxingRock » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:30 pm

jorb wrote:
BoxingRock wrote:jorb if you are going to be bored enough to start moderating and literally editing posts on the forum again can you maybe set down some new set of rules?

It's really hard to tell what is going to irk you on any given day when there are 100s of posts filled with extreme, hateful racism, blatant homophobia, and obvious trolling that are still umoderated and went untouched for months.

I'm moderating this particular thread as I read it, and I've cleared out all reports in the "Active threads list". Swamp should perhaps be drained, but not today.

Have you tried basic manners and leaving your tourette's at home? Not calling people retarded &c&c?

Oh dear, did I say the r word? I spent the last few weeks re-watching all your old streams and must have got the r word stuck in my head from its brazen, repeated usage. It used to be one of your favorites. I think you can saefly remove my board warning, it was a moment of weakness, a simple mistake. I will ask Jesus for forgiveness in my prayers tonight and all my sins will be washed away. Amen hallelujah. Perhaps you can ask Jesus for forgiveness for accusing people who use naughty words of having severe neurodevelopment disorders. I am sure you will be forgiven too. Amen glory praise Him.

Moderated: User banned seven days for mod sass.
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby Fostik » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:49 pm

jorb wrote:Broken link + no.

"No" for world reset, or evidence of leak? :?
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby MadNomad » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:54 pm

Fostik wrote:
jorb wrote:Broken link + no.

"No" for world reset, or evidence of leak? :?

from my understanding, this is an answer to both of those
MadNomad

Postby telum12 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:18 pm

BoxingRock wrote:
jorb wrote:
BoxingRock wrote:jorb if you are going to be bored enough to start moderating and literally editing posts on the forum again can you maybe set down some new set of rules?

It's really hard to tell what is going to irk you on any given day when there are 100s of posts filled with extreme, hateful racism, blatant homophobia, and obvious trolling that are still umoderated and went untouched for months.

I'm moderating this particular thread as I read it, and I've cleared out all reports in the "Active threads list". Swamp should perhaps be drained, but not today.

Have you tried basic manners and leaving your tourette's at home? Not calling people retarded &c&c?

Oh dear, did I say the r word? I spent the last few weeks re-watching all your old streams and must have got the r word stuck in my head from its brazen, repeated usage. It used to be one of your favorites. I think you can saefly remove my board warning, it was a moment of weakness, a simple mistake. I will ask Jesus for forgiveness in my prayers tonight and all my sins will be washed away. Amen hallelujah. Perhaps you can ask Jesus for forgiveness for accusing people who use naughty words of having severe neurodevelopment disorders. I am sure you will be forgiven too. Amen glory praise Him.

Moderated: User banned seven days for mod sass.

POG.

As much as I like shitposting, I legitimately support harder moderation when that shitposting crosses a line.

Hopefully the moderation team is expanded soon with active people who are able to distinguish between the two sides of that line. The balance has been way off lately.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby Clemins » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:08 pm

telum12 wrote:Hopefully the moderation team is expanded soon with active people who are able to distinguish between the two sides of that line. The balance has been way off lately.

Really hope whomever is modded is able to distinguish between humor and humorless word vomit, I'm not too worried though.
Clemins

Postby mulamishne » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:05 pm

Lmao, Jorb backs for a day and Madnomad is already bumping threads in c+I from four years ago only to disagree with them.

Bring back Madgonad, at least he agreed!
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby WowGain » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:29 pm

jorb wrote:Not calling people retarded &c&c?

I had no idea jorb was woke
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby shubla » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:22 pm

jorb wrote:Have you tried basic manners and leaving your tourette's at home? Not calling people retarded &c&c?

Don't you see how these certain users are just trolling and trying to cause ruckus? Why you even respond to their messages!
Just look at their post history its all about commenting/attacking other users of forum, no any real contribution to any idea/thread/event etc. whatsoever.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby WowGain » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:27 pm

shubla wrote:
jorb wrote:Have you tried basic manners and leaving your tourette's at home? Not calling people retarded &c&c?

Don't you see how these certain users are just trolling and trying to cause ruckus? Why you even respond to their messages!
Just look at their post history its all about commenting/attacking other users of forum, no any real contribution to any idea/thread/event etc. whatsoever.

W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Pills » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:49 pm

telum12 wrote:POG.

As much as I like shitposting, I legitimately support harder moderation when that shitposting crosses a line.

Hopefully the moderation team is expanded soon with active people who are able to distinguish between the two sides of that line. The balance has been way off lately.

Facts tbh.
Pills

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements