A Plea for Moderation

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: A Plea for Moderation

Postby pawnchito » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:44 am

ayo these bots arent even being clever just mashing words together for titles. much spam.
pawnchito

Postby HarryDresden » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:00 am

Are there any Janitors who can just clean up spam? Don't need full mod powers just have a few people who are terminally online get rid of bot shit.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby bumfrog » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:26 am

+1 for more jannies

In the OP of this very thread jorb said he’d search for more mods to replace the schizos and pedos who used to tardwrangle here. 9 months later, ermmmm…
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby sMartins » Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:46 pm

It would be nice to hear what the devs have to say about it … I mean, it's getting a bit too much.
The forum is a rather important place, at least in my opinion.

Stream? Discussion on bot pandemic, roll back, future of development, polishing, etc..?

Greetings
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby jorb » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:08 pm

It's been hot and heavy on the bot side recently, indeed. Considering options.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby HarryDresden » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:27 pm

What's really crazy is that none of them are advertising anything worthwhile or interesting, just oddly specific scattershot bullshit. What are the chances that someone here is looking for X in Y place? Pretty fucking low considering the population of the game. But even when you consider that, who the hell is making these things and even weirder is who is paying for them? Pretty damn useless all around.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby noindyfikator » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:29 pm

Botma
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby vatas » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:50 pm

Does the forum software support putting new users on curfew by default? Their messages would still go to "moderator approval" -queue.

Not a perfect solution as legitimate user with genuine question may feel turned down.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:54 pm

vatas wrote:Does the forum software support putting new users on curfew by default? Their messages would still go to "moderator approval" -queue.

Not a perfect solution as legitimate user with genuine question may feel turned down.

1 hour initial playtime required to be removed from the retard box
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:54 pm

There's no need for that lmao

LITERALLY the most primitive braindead retarded captcha "WHAT'S 2+2" bullshit would prevent those stupid bots from registering

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements