Game Development: Tough Jugs

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Tough Jugs

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:36 am

add an early game belt that can only hold 2 buckets and make it so q10 water doesnt drain the ever living shit out of your energy wow congrats u fixed early game pvp.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:34 pm

I mean, credit where it's due this is basically buckets in inventories with a bunch of extra hurdles. I really don't want to have to get a fuckload of lye day 1 but for higher end players that are going to have first day metal anyway this is a pretty huge improvement.

I think buckets in inventories and or belts would've been better, since IMO running away from spooky people should be part of the tech tree you unlock hour one of a new world, but this is still good.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby maze » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:40 pm

weight system when ;D
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby dageir » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:32 pm

Decay of meat, fish and milk when? I have chicken meat laying around that is older than my oldest sheep.
dageir

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:17 pm

VDZ wrote:How does inventory inspection not solve your problem?

These retards literally made loot scripts to loot their own people in 10 miliseconds after they get KO'd. I don't want scan bots to be mandatory in fights and I don't want people that don't instantly run away when they see an unknown hearthling to give more reasons to random people to just scan them for loot and get KO'd.
There are people who are actually bothered by being red handed and leaving scents that last as long as battery. Your puny equal-to-assault scent would be meaningless, not even making them red-handed.
Hell, after being mugged you should just be given an option to hearth back, so you don't get KO'd.

THE POINT IS TO AVOID THE KO PART. With your 200 iq alternative, waiting for 10 minutes for some retard to drop his items is something nobody will do and they'll get KO'd cause it's quicker. Being able to loot them when they give consent avoids that.

VDZ wrote:but thinking a bit more

I noticed you struggle with this process and honestly it feels like you're even hurting yourself when doing it.

VDZ wrote:Please elaborate on why you think this would help scrubs, whether or not you agree with Snail's assessment, and whether or not such a change would be welcome.

I'll try to put it as simple as possible, for you especially:
> Scrub no kill troll mean scrub no get troll belt.
> Scrub no have troll belt mean scrub have smaller belt.
> Scrub have smaller belt mean scrub have less waterskins.
> Scrub usually carry 10 tools and 3 waterskins because scrub ignore existence of pvp same way flat-earthers deny 3D geometry.
= If scrub can carry jugs on belt, it mean scrub can run more than 2 minimaps to his base without complain about water.
(side note 1, before "ooga booga pro pvp": this wouldn't affect anyone in big fights, we already have troll belts and don't keep 50 tools in them.
side note 2, before "ooga booga big boy gank scrub": read side note 1.)

I thought it was pretty self explainatory, but I reckon someone who started playing 8 years before me is not experienced enough to make those simple connections.
Jesus.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Apocoreo » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:37 pm

These developers can just do anything and simps will praise them if they come back with a half decent patch they could've done years ago instead of pelicans or some shit lol.

joojoo1975 wrote:
WowGain wrote:Hermits and sprucecaps deserve everything they get

why?

They are literally asking for it in this thread. Literally requesting they be wounded in battle in this thread.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Tammer » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:38 am

The animal gate update is lovely. The jugs are useful for holding cave slime when mining and for getting quicksilver out of smelters.

Nice update. Thanks!
Tammer

Postby joojoo1975 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:30 pm

Apocoreo wrote:These developers can just do anything and simps will praise them if they come back with a half decent patch they could've done years ago instead of pelicans or some shit lol.

joojoo1975 wrote:
WowGain wrote:Hermits and sprucecaps deserve everything they get

why?

They are literally asking for it in this thread. Literally requesting they be wounded in battle in this thread.

guess i must have missed that when reading through
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Postby Noid » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:24 am

losexd wrote:
jorb wrote:Redrew the "Branch" icon in higher resolution.

FINALLY 4k branch icon !!

I almost died on this ROFLMAO :lol:
Noid

Postby Elizaberry » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:54 am

Was there a recent update to the paving animation?
Elizaberry

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements