Prelude: World 14

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 14

Postby Harthel » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:13 pm

I met a sprucecap from a forgotten land,
Who said-- "Two vast and and empty cabinets of wood
Stand in the forest... Near them, on the ground,
Half paved a shattered village lies, whose palisades,
And withered crops, and wandering livestock,
Tell that its village speaker well those passions toiled
Which yet survive, stamped on these decaying things,
The hand that crafted them, and the hours that grind;
And on the runestone, these words appear:
My name is BongLord420, King of W13;
Look on my Works, ye Hermits, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level wealds stretch far away."
Harthel

Postby fedor77 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:29 pm

The_Blode wrote:
fedor77 wrote:You want the new player to be able to stand up against someone who dedicated himself to the game, which, to put it simple, makes nobody want to dedicate themselves to the game.

--

no matter how you decided to balance this game, i wouldnt give two shits to PVP.

It's kinda weird to imply PvP is the ONLY driving factor towards long term play, and then following it up with that statement.

Its weird because i did not imply that, i merely replied to those who did. And the discussion is about balance, not longevity, because that is entirely subjective on a game where numbers scale infinitely.
fedor77

Postby The_Blode » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:31 pm

fedor77 wrote:
The_Blode wrote:
fedor77 wrote:You want the new player to be able to stand up against someone who dedicated himself to the game, which, to put it simple, makes nobody want to dedicate themselves to the game.

--

no matter how you decided to balance this game, i wouldnt give two shits to PVP.

It's kinda weird to imply PvP is the ONLY driving factor towards long term play, and then following it up with that statement.

Its weird because i did not imply that, i merely replied to those who did. And the discussion is about balance, not longevity, because that is entirely subjective on a game where numbers scale infinitely.

..alright
The_Blode

Postby jorb » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:32 pm

New store is up, along with launch thread. Keep going there: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=72864

Happy W14!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jorb » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:08 pm

Forgot to add, updated OP:
  • The speed bonus from quality that "Knarr"s and "Snekkja"s used to get, has been replaced by a bonus to HP instead. The speed bonus from quality is no more.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Previous

Return to Announcements