Prelude: World 14

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 14

Postby TwentyThree » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:58 pm

Fostik wrote:
jorb wrote:
  • Backwater: Decreased max effects from 24% to 6%.
  • Center of Learning: Decreased max effects from 15% to 6%
  • Fecund Earth: Decreased max effects from 30% to 6%
  • Founding Mythos: Decreased max effects from 30% to 15%
  • Gamekeeping: Decreased max effects from 45% to 15%
  • Heraldic Swan: Decreased max effects from 225% to 150%
  • Land of Milk & Honey: Decreased max effects from 15% to 6%
  • Local Cuisine: Decreased max effects from 15% to 4.5%
  • Marriage of the Sea: Decreased fish quality bonus from 45% to 15%. The speed bonus effect to ships now applies to all ships while actually in the Realm, rather than always to ships built in the Realm. Ships in the realm now travel (up to) 24% faster, quite simply.
  • Mountain Tradition: Decreased max effects from 15% to 3%
  • Myth of the Bull: Decreased max effects from 30% to 6%. (Update text: Specific animals -> Livestock)
  • Woodland Realm: Decreased tree/bush growth speed bonus from 15% to 3%. Decreased quality bonus to forest animals and forage from 7.5% and 15% to 6% flat.

Wouldn't it be better to reconsider bonuses or remove kingdoms at all? They are pretty useless with new values, but still idols and menhirs are hella expensive to build.
I mean, kingdom requires goal to exists, people maintaining kingdom need a goal to go for, kingdom dwellers need a reason to stay in kingdom or otherwise help enemy kingdom to take their territory.
With this changes kingdoms would be worthless to put efforts into, and to fight for provinces.

I'd agree, but when I consider the sheer effort people put into different games for, like, a 3% buff, this is still worth all the work. Especially if everybody pitches in somehow.
TwentyThree

Postby jock » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:19 pm

TwentyThree wrote:
Fostik wrote:
jorb wrote:
  • Backwater: Decreased max effects from 24% to 6%.
  • Center of Learning: Decreased max effects from 15% to 6%
  • Fecund Earth: Decreased max effects from 30% to 6%
  • Founding Mythos: Decreased max effects from 30% to 15%
  • Gamekeeping: Decreased max effects from 45% to 15%
  • Heraldic Swan: Decreased max effects from 225% to 150%
  • Land of Milk & Honey: Decreased max effects from 15% to 6%
  • Local Cuisine: Decreased max effects from 15% to 4.5%
  • Marriage of the Sea: Decreased fish quality bonus from 45% to 15%. The speed bonus effect to ships now applies to all ships while actually in the Realm, rather than always to ships built in the Realm. Ships in the realm now travel (up to) 24% faster, quite simply.
  • Mountain Tradition: Decreased max effects from 15% to 3%
  • Myth of the Bull: Decreased max effects from 30% to 6%. (Update text: Specific animals -> Livestock)
  • Woodland Realm: Decreased tree/bush growth speed bonus from 15% to 3%. Decreased quality bonus to forest animals and forage from 7.5% and 15% to 6% flat.

Wouldn't it be better to reconsider bonuses or remove kingdoms at all? They are pretty useless with new values, but still idols and menhirs are hella expensive to build.
I mean, kingdom requires goal to exists, people maintaining kingdom need a goal to go for, kingdom dwellers need a reason to stay in kingdom or otherwise help enemy kingdom to take their territory.
With this changes kingdoms would be worthless to put efforts into, and to fight for provinces.

I'd agree, but when I consider the sheer effort people put into different games for, like, a 3% buff, this is still worth all the work. Especially if everybody pitches in somehow.

Still mandatory buffs, nothing has really changed just smaller numbers :D
jock

Postby Fostik » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:21 pm

TwentyThree wrote:I'd agree, but when I consider the sheer effort people put into different games for, like, a 3% buff, this is still worth all the work. Especially if everybody pitches in somehow.

True for ores, for instance, if only qualities will be equalized, otherwise absolutely worthless when you can find both 100 and 500q ore in lvl 9.

jock wrote:Still mandatory buffs, nothing has really changed just smaller numbers :D

They even wasn't mandatory before
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby springyb » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:00 pm

Start world 14 in winter.

Trust me.
springyb

Postby DonVelD » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:08 pm

where did i hear it before.....
haha don't remake the winter haha guys its great on its own, listen to me, ideas of sprucecaps are always the best

trust me bro
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:12 pm

jock wrote: Still mandatory buffs, nothing has really changed just smaller numbers :D

Still mandatory buffs yes but something very key has changed.

Now the buffs won't propel you forward nearly as far, nearly as quick.... Mandatory, but less relevant is still better than Mandatory and more relevant.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:13 pm

springyb wrote:Start world 14 in winter.

Trust me.

No, why the fuck would you want this? 800 of the 1000 players will quit on day one and the world will be dead from the start.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby jajal » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:39 pm

old graphics please
jajal

Postby TwentyThree » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:41 pm

The_Lich_King wrote:
springyb wrote:Start world 14 in winter.

Trust me.

No, why the fuck would you want this? 800 of the 1000 players will quit on day one and the world will be dead from the start.

Plus, you know, the whole idea of prepping for winter would be useless. The first winter is always the hardest to prepare for. And people wouldnt be able to prepare a cellar for iceblocks their first winter, gotta have those sorbet's man. Summer is hot.
TwentyThree

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:21 pm

jajal wrote:old graphics please

They would have to come up with like 1000+ models and textures for all of the new stuff in Hafen and the old graphics were worse

The_Lich_King

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements