Prelude: World 14

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 14

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:22 pm

TwentyThree wrote:
The_Lich_King wrote:
springyb wrote:Start world 14 in winter.

Trust me.

No, why the fuck would you want this? 800 of the 1000 players will quit on day one and the world will be dead from the start.

Plus, you know, the whole idea of prepping for winter would be useless. The first winter is always the hardest to prepare for. And people wouldnt be able to prepare a cellar for iceblocks their first winter, gotta have those sorbet's man. Summer is hot.

Yeah the only fun i ever have in Winter is chilling, catching snowflakes and hunting. Winter has a good aesthetic and part of that is because after all of the fall preperation you can kinda just eat and chill.

It would be a nightmare to be in winter without any preperation.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby pawnchito » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:09 pm

jock wrote:

I'd agree, but when I consider the sheer effort people put into different games for, like, a 3% buff, this is still worth all the work. Especially if everybody pitches in somehow.

Still mandatory buffs, nothing has really changed just smaller numbers :D

Yeppers, thats the issue. Buffs are mandatory if they exist, lowering them doesnt change that fact. Nerfing them is a lazy way to band aid the problem.
pawnchito

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:25 pm

With these values, if you assume manpower isn't infinite, I doubt it's ideal to really spend much time on realms.

Somebody feel free to actually do the math and correct me, but I'm guessing you'd need to do at least couple dozen spirals before the the additional quality you gain from 3% oreQ would average out to be worth more than a single spiral. It would be a lot easier to just do a few additional cycles over the course of the world, or better yet scale up your automation, as opposed to do realm autism.

The only real meta use for realms I see is going to be spamming out 10 or so of them over random pleb villages so you can spam from the coffer a bit more so your bots can use mining song consistently.

That said, they're still significant enough that it will /feel/ bad to not have them, nabs will overvalue them, and gamer girls in factions will be annoying as fuck about them/encourage people to waste time on them.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby pawnchito » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:23 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:With these values, if you assume manpower isn't infinite, I doubt it's ideal to really spend much time on realms.

Somebody feel free to actually do the math and correct me, but I'm guessing you'd need to do at least couple dozen spirals before the the additional quality you gain from 3% oreQ would average out to be worth more than a single spiral. It would be a lot easier to just do a few additional cycles over the course of the world, or better yet scale up your automation, as opposed to do realm autism.

The only real meta use for realms I see is going to be spamming out 10 or so of them over random pleb villages so you can spam from the coffer a bit more so your bots can use mining song consistently.

That said, they're still significant enough that it will /feel/ bad to not have them, nabs will overvalue them, and gamer girls in factions will be annoying as fuck about them/encourage people to waste time on them.

The math is meaningless because nabs like me dont know how to read let alone do math. The fact is not having the buffs will feel like you are behind and the only option is to move your entire goddamn village, quit, or make your own realm. All options that suck.
pawnchito

Postby Zentetsuken » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:25 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:With these values, if you assume manpower isn't infinite, I doubt it's ideal to really spend much time on realms.

Realmbois better hope that the dumbest of dumb noobs settle around them this world. Going to be hard to convince people to spend hours hunting for and competing for realm resources, keeping timers and traveling to special spots to grab that cluth Notes of Foul Symphony all for 100pts of trade value and a 3% increase on their livestock. :lol:
Zentetsuken

Postby The_Blode » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:52 pm

It's not the values of the buffs that matter, it's the friends we made along the way
The_Blode

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:40 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Reduced the speed of "Knarr"s in shallow water. Aiming to balance them somewhat relative to "Snekkja"s.

Just saw this, please tell me you mixed these up or something. This change seems pretty unimportant, but snekkjas are the ones that are ridiculously op and way too fast.
DDDsDD999

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:44 pm

I kinda assumed they saw the 20 different threads about how retarded knarrs/snekkjas are in PVP, but got bored of reading halfway through the title
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby ZantetsukenX » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:18 pm

I've asked for this before. But could we possible get bigger containers than a cabinet? Maybe something that has to be built inside a building and can't be moved once it's built. One of the bigger killers of motivation for playing for me each league is "storage management" where it just becomes a giant hassle to sort everything into it's various cabinets and stockpiles. It'd be nice to having an even bigger option available to somewhat relieve that.

Alternatively, maybe just turn the storage shed into a 16x8 storage container instead of just being for vehicles. Just something bigger than 8x8.
ZantetsukenX

Postby Mysia » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:29 am

amg i cant wait :xx x.x xD
Mysia

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements