Prelude: World 14

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 14

Postby bumfrog » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:22 pm

Fostik wrote:Why would anyone remove their closes knowing someone can watch them?

bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby The_Blode » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:19 pm

Can we please agree to NEVER post sanpaku pepe ever again? I don't like it. His smug aura is conspicuously absent.

Excited for W14. Thought I'd play 13 and just... never did, I don't think. Planning on picking up a hat or a sub, too.
The_Blode

Postby painhertz » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:40 am

The_Lich_King wrote:
painhertz wrote:I'd say I'd take this opportunity to pop back into the game but over the past few years I think it has advanced arguably out of my grasp experience wise and I am balls deep in all of the Paradox grand strategy games (all of which have learnign curves that make H&H look silly...so yeah. EU4 4 the win. (Mind you I could start the process of learning whats been added but even with a fresh, brand new start Haven is a game that you have to bring your A-Game to Day 1 if you want to have any impact on anything and I don;t think that has changed over the years.....) So have fun kids! I would happily pay a normal MMog fee ($15.00 /month) if Development resumed on Legacy Haven but we all know that's never going to happen so I enjoy my memories and keep on going. :)

Paradox Grand Strategy is pog but i am DEF gonna come back for another world. That being said i would definately not pay 15$/hr for legacy to come back. Everyone remembers fondly the good parts of legacy but then forgets the parts like running around with buckets in both hands drinking for hours to lower energy so you could eat 1700 pies a day. As bad as Hafen is, i do not believe it is worse than Legacy. Jorbtar have been able to make positive change despite the drawbacks that come with.

I never ran around with 2 buckets and I ate cheese..... YMMV ::Shrug:: many, many many things were added and improved on in 3d haven but it just never had the same kick for me that Legacy did..... I check out Development every 6 months or so and if anything super cool ever gets added i'll probably pop back on but since 3D World 2 (I don't even remember what that world number was) nothing has tempted me back. I dunno. I still reccomend it to all my friends in other various online games i play so i imagine there's 2 or 3 people running around who got here from my word of mouth. I think all the people I played with quit anyway.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby Archiplex » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:00 am

there is nothing added/changed here that could not have been done as part of a routine patch

why is this the wipe patch? simply to sate the people who just want a new world?
not that a new world is bad, but it seems meaningless if all that's being done is reverting changes and adding minor mechanics (sorry siege boost isn't a major mechanic it's just removing siege as a concept for any active base)

in theory less whales sounds good but i'm never going to trust a patch note that says "changed how spawns work so you cant farm them". this was the same excuse used for fated curios sooOoo

ig game's at the point where it's nigh-abandoned anyways so a ribbon patch and a routine wipe is about what we should expect from now
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby The_Lich_King » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:10 am

painhertz wrote:
The_Lich_King wrote:
painhertz wrote:I'd say I'd take this opportunity to pop back into the game but over the past few years I think it has advanced arguably out of my grasp experience wise and I am balls deep in all of the Paradox grand strategy games (all of which have learnign curves that make H&H look silly...so yeah. EU4 4 the win. (Mind you I could start the process of learning whats been added but even with a fresh, brand new start Haven is a game that you have to bring your A-Game to Day 1 if you want to have any impact on anything and I don;t think that has changed over the years.....) So have fun kids! I would happily pay a normal MMog fee ($15.00 /month) if Development resumed on Legacy Haven but we all know that's never going to happen so I enjoy my memories and keep on going. :)

Paradox Grand Strategy is pog but i am DEF gonna come back for another world. That being said i would definately not pay 15$/hr for legacy to come back. Everyone remembers fondly the good parts of legacy but then forgets the parts like running around with buckets in both hands drinking for hours to lower energy so you could eat 1700 pies a day. As bad as Hafen is, i do not believe it is worse than Legacy. Jorbtar have been able to make positive change despite the drawbacks that come with.

I never ran around with 2 buckets and I ate cheese..... YMMV ::Shrug:: many, many many things were added and improved on in 3d haven but it just never had the same kick for me that Legacy did..... I check out Development every 6 months or so and if anything super cool ever gets added i'll probably pop back on but since 3D World 2 (I don't even remember what that world number was) nothing has tempted me back. I dunno. I still reccomend it to all my friends in other various online games i play so i imagine there's 2 or 3 people running around who got here from my word of mouth. I think all the people I played with quit anyway.

It was world 8 and i do def enjoy Hafen 2 over Legacy but i understand the complete re-haul of the aesthetic killing the joy... technically World 7 is still going on the legacy client
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Vraatjuh » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:02 am

Archiplex wrote:there is nothing added/changed here that could not have been done as part of a routine patch

why is this the wipe patch? simply to sate the people who just want a new world?

Simply a boost to subscriptions and thus income :D
Vraatjuh

Postby xzo » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:10 am

pawnchito wrote:Hi. So the changes to realm don't really address the issue with realms. We like the buffs alot and want to keep them especially as they become more significant later in game. The issue is the lack of control by the local populace to affect their realm status. There have been several ways that have been suggested such as allowing non members to spread in some fashion.

this

I believe it was already suggested that players should be able to opt out of a realm or decide not to support it and to be rewarded if they do want to support

J&L you could mix it with you siege ideas, for instance realms would have siege shield that can protect villages if they are oathed to the realm, villages could either opt in for protection or opt out to rebel against the realm they dont like to be part off, but opting out would put them at risk in some way, maybe opted out villagers should leave scents visible for opted in, and same thing the other way, that could be a cool twist to provoke enforcing submission by force or trade

also

Reworked the whale spawning mechanic, aiming to reduce the reliance on simply seeing ocean tiles to find infinite whales.

is that a nerf or rework ? lets just put a scenario here, if I get on a knarr for 2/3 hours just to randomly roam around ocean, will I see more or less whales ? assuming I have no clue where they spawn spots are
My mother told me Someday I would buy
Galley with good oars Sail to distant shores
Stand up high in the prow Noble barque I steer
Steady course for the haven Hew many foe-men,
hew many foe-men
xzo

Postby Jalpha » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:23 pm

I doubt they will explain the new mechanic but I speculate that whales will be more likely to follow a more realistic pattern, migrating along a route, possibly in pods.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby ThorleifCleaver » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:45 pm

As long as you are resetting, why not add size/color variables to some of the critters? Nothing to significantly affect play--herds of deer, packs of wolves, etc. should have larger alphas sometimes, while loner critters should occasionally be older, larger versions. No impact other than a slightly greater amount of meat, maybe. Would be an easy addition and improve immersion. Be nice to have a visual component to go along with the preexisting stat variation among animals. Would also give the impression of age--smaller critters implying young. Whale pod comment made me think of it.
ThorleifCleaver

Postby sebacame » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:55 pm

ThorleifCleaver wrote:As long as you are resetting, why not add size/color variables to some of the critters? Nothing to significantly affect play--herds of deer, packs of wolves, etc. should have larger alphas sometimes, while loner critters should occasionally be older, larger versions. No impact other than a slightly greater amount of meat, maybe. Would be an easy addition and improve immersion. Be nice to have a visual component to go along with the preexisting stat variation among animals. Would also give the impression of age--smaller critters implying young. Whale pod comment made me think of it.

This please, visual component alongside stat variation sounds perfect, feels less rng based (even tho it doesn't change the rng) and more like actual hunting/scavenging
sebacame

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements