Prelude: World 14

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 14

Postby BoxingRock » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:04 pm

Jalpha wrote:Real men wear leather and eat meat.

"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby Zentetsuken » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:14 pm

VDZ wrote:
Archiplex wrote:there is nothing added/changed here that could not have been done as part of a routine patch

why is this the wipe patch? simply to sate the people who just want a new world?
not that a new world is bad, but it seems meaningless if all that's being done is reverting changes and adding minor mechanics (sorry siege boost isn't a major mechanic it's just removing siege as a concept for any active base)

Don't forget that major new world additions are often not actually announced in advance. Even world 13's Thingwalls were not initially announced (it was later edited into the new world changelog, but at the time we had no idea what they were), with the explanation only being posted later once people more or less understood what they did. If I recall correctly, even localized resources were just a thing people stumbled upon when first added. There are always more changes than are listed.

they straight up said that there will not be any big changes like this and that the bulk of all the changes are in this post, didn't they?
Zentetsuken

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:44 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:
VDZ wrote:
Archiplex wrote:there is nothing added/changed here that could not have been done as part of a routine patch

why is this the wipe patch? simply to sate the people who just want a new world?
not that a new world is bad, but it seems meaningless if all that's being done is reverting changes and adding minor mechanics (sorry siege boost isn't a major mechanic it's just removing siege as a concept for any active base)

Don't forget that major new world additions are often not actually announced in advance. Even world 13's Thingwalls were not initially announced (it was later edited into the new world changelog, but at the time we had no idea what they were), with the explanation only being posted later once people more or less understood what they did. If I recall correctly, even localized resources were just a thing people stumbled upon when first added. There are always more changes than are listed.

they straight up said that there will not be any big changes like this and that the bulk of all the changes are in this post, didn't they?

I don't think so. At the least, someone asked if there would be new localized resources and they acknowledged that there would be, and they said explicitly there were things added not in the patch notes. Was in the stream.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Trifle » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:39 pm

ubersheva wrote:Hey Jorb, make this world start in winter. This will shame all the winter critics and prove that nothing is wrong with it. (I personnaly like seasons in general and winter in particulal).

Seconding this, it would be very interesting to see everyone start during winter and how it affects the early world.
Trifle

Postby Clemins » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:50 pm

Personally, I think winter is too EZ, the world needs to start with pre apocalyptic weather. Such as minivan sized hail chunks (1 hit kill), sinkholes, animals infused with the power and energy of Mike Tyson, Hermit-seeking cruise missiles launched every time a new hermit is created, typhoons, earthquakes, souls from the underworld reaching their arms above ground to drag anything they grab down. Then, after 2 years of that we get world 15 and the cycle repeats.
Clemins

Postby Finigini » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:35 pm

Jalpha wrote:Real men wear leather and eat meat.

Hey buddy, I think you've got the wrong door.
Finigini

Postby WitchKiller » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:11 am

Zentetsuken wrote:
VDZ wrote:

https://youtu.be/hAXefRIKuRM?t=302

They kinda went back and forth saying maybe its big, and also there would be plenty to discover so it seems like there's a decent amount of stuff omitted from w14 post.
WitchKiller

Postby WowGain » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:14 am

Clemins wrote:Personally, I think winter is too EZ, the world needs to start with pre apocalyptic weather. Such as minivan sized hail chunks (1 hit kill), sinkholes, animals infused with the power and energy of Mike Tyson, Hermit-seeking cruise missiles launched every time a new hermit is created, typhoons, earthquakes, souls from the underworld reaching their arms above ground to drag anything they grab down. Then, after 2 years of that we get world 15 and the cycle repeats.

+1
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Fostik » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:43 pm

jorb wrote:
  • Backwater: Decreased max effects from 24% to 6%.
  • Center of Learning: Decreased max effects from 15% to 6%
  • Fecund Earth: Decreased max effects from 30% to 6%
  • Founding Mythos: Decreased max effects from 30% to 15%
  • Gamekeeping: Decreased max effects from 45% to 15%
  • Heraldic Swan: Decreased max effects from 225% to 150%
  • Land of Milk & Honey: Decreased max effects from 15% to 6%
  • Local Cuisine: Decreased max effects from 15% to 4.5%
  • Marriage of the Sea: Decreased fish quality bonus from 45% to 15%. The speed bonus effect to ships now applies to all ships while actually in the Realm, rather than always to ships built in the Realm. Ships in the realm now travel (up to) 24% faster, quite simply.
  • Mountain Tradition: Decreased max effects from 15% to 3%
  • Myth of the Bull: Decreased max effects from 30% to 6%. (Update text: Specific animals -> Livestock)
  • Woodland Realm: Decreased tree/bush growth speed bonus from 15% to 3%. Decreased quality bonus to forest animals and forage from 7.5% and 15% to 6% flat.

Wouldn't it be better to reconsider bonuses or remove kingdoms at all? They are pretty useless with new values, but still idols and menhirs are hella expensive to build.
I mean, kingdom requires goal to exists, people maintaining kingdom need a goal to go for, kingdom dwellers need a reason to stay in kingdom or otherwise help enemy kingdom to take their territory.
With this changes kingdoms would be worthless to put efforts into, and to fight for provinces.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:51 pm

spiraling dogshit, fix make knarrs/snekkjas not mandatory for pvp pls
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements