Game Development: World 14

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: World 14

Postby jorb » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:31 pm

We've been developing, and here's what's new...

WORLD 14

World Reset
-----------------------

• Tonight we reset all variable game data -- maps & characters -- as first announced here, and generate a new, hopefully improved, world: World 14.
  • We have made no changes which should impair custom clients more than they may already be impaired.
  • A non-exhaustive changelog can be found here. There are plenty of things to discover.

Payment Model
-----------------------

• Subscription timers have been paused since the announcement of World 14, but will activate again when we bring up the new World 14 server, and tick as usual.
  • All store hats in the store, including those given as rewards for subscriptions, have been replaced. Anyone who purchased a subscription between the world reset announcement, and the time we took the store down for refurbishing, will have received both the old and new hats relevant for his or her particular subscription level.
  • It has often been suggested to us that higher subscription tiers should give, apart from the hat unlocked with the tier, all hats belonging to the lower tiers. We have taken you up on that, and changed the policy to that from now on. Thus, for example, a Gold Subscriber for one year would now receive all five subscription hats, rather than just the one unlocked with that particular level. Note that this will only apply to the new hats introduced with W14.
  • All Bronze subscribers have additionally been awarded the "Battery Pack". All Silver subscribers have also been awarded the "Starry Green Hat". All Gold subscribers have also been awarded the "Peapod 'Peau". Thank you for your ongoing support.

In the Pipe
-----------------------

• Many of you have decided to use the store since we announced the world reset, and we are very grateful for this. Thank you for supporting us, and the game.
  • We'll be keeping an eye on the server tomorrow, but aim to deliver at least some bug fixes sometime during next week.
  • Object-Controlled-Objects is the primary development goal. The smaller, weeklyish patches will continue as usual.
  • I may update this post with answers to question that may come up, and edits for clarity, or whatever.

The systems for fast travel improved in W13, with Thingwalls and, later, buffed Charter Stones, and it will always be dear to us for that reason, but also suffered significantly from the nVidia crash bug. We hope that we are in a better spot now, and are very excited for a new beginning.

The best of luck in World 14, and...

ENJOY!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: World 14

Postby Vigilance » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:31 pm

Very cool, thanks!
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Vesena » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:34 pm

Is this a dagger which I see before me?
Vesena

Postby DonVelD » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:35 pm

dagger meta oh no
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby elwoodj » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:36 pm

hype!!
elwoodj

Postby vatas » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:36 pm

Can't wait to get my hands on those updated cattails.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby linkfanpc » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:38 pm

Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby TheServant » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:40 pm

Thank you, good health to you and loftar, may we have haven for several years
TheServant

Postby Tsutla » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:46 pm

Tsutla

Postby LtTurtleshot » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:49 pm

Let's go!