Game Development: World 14

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 14

Postby Vigilance » Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:32 am

vatas wrote:One of the main proponents of this apparently quit the entire game back in w13 because his market was raided.

hahaha holy fuck i forgot about this

based
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Sevenless » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:32 pm

Vigilance wrote:
vatas wrote:One of the main proponents of this apparently quit the entire game back in w13 because his market was raided.

based

Thank you permissions system for freeing us from that individual. Now lets fix it after it's done the good work.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:41 am

Sevenless wrote:
Vigilance wrote:

based

Thank you permissions system for freeing us from that individual. Now lets fix it after it's done the good work.

I was as annoyed by Lunarius as the next guy but let's have some respect for the dead......................
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Lukash4k1 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:16 pm

When w15 :?: :?:
Lukash4k1

Postby SpacePig » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:19 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:I have a $3000 less than 2 years old computer and I get unplayably low FPS in some places on vanilla.

I don't think yeboi is right about why they make the decisions they do, but he's pretty clearly right that their first priority isn't a playable game >> 40

Nobody whose goal is consumer first would let in-game time exist and actively mislead players for a decade+ just because they don't like the idea of non-round numbers. Winter, boulders, no fast travel, etc&etc

The problems of the game are an indefinite prolonged end game, the lack of mass content on the cap.
After the wave of the first global wars has passed for 3-4 months, the remaining kingdoms simply have nothing to do but build up useless power.
Game sessions should be limited to 2-4 months, then the game will be constantly alive.
Winter, boulders - it's all a trifle compared to the fact that after 3 months you have nothing to do in the game.
SpacePig

Postby fulma » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:23 pm

SpacePig wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:I have a $3000 less than 2 years old computer and I get unplayably low FPS in some places on vanilla.

I don't think yeboi is right about why they make the decisions they do, but he's pretty clearly right that their first priority isn't a playable game >> 40

Nobody whose goal is consumer first would let in-game time exist and actively mislead players for a decade+ just because they don't like the idea of non-round numbers. Winter, boulders, no fast travel, etc&etc

The problems of the game are an indefinite prolonged end game, the lack of mass content on the cap.
After the wave of the first global wars has passed for 3-4 months, the remaining kingdoms simply have nothing to do but build up useless power.
Game sessions should be limited to 2-4 months, then the game will be constantly alive.
Winter, boulders - it's all a trifle compared to the fact that after 3 months you have nothing to do in the game.

>make a painful early game for new players where they can only be buttfucked by everyone and everything
>make a borring end game for the tryharders that will leave the game after 5 months tops
Sure I'm wrong, 90% of the guys from my faction quieted after 5~6 months because they just don't like being near me.
fulma

Postby Medicgmodukr » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:49 am

2 days left until 365 days tiks down, WIPE is very required
Medicgmodukr

Postby jacob232 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:08 am

the ruined world can be fun too
so this one time at band camp.............
jacob232

Postby bumfrog » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:03 am

jorb wrote:
1 year edition
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby Jama1s » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:29 pm

When World 15 ?
Когда будет 15 мир?
Jama1s