Game Development: World 14

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 14

Postby pawnchito » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:04 am

Jama1s wrote:When World 15 ?
Когда будет 15 мир?

Soon tm

This world aint so bad. First few weeks are different for a bunch of reasons tho.
pawnchito

Postby Jama1s » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:18 pm

pawnchito wrote:
Когда будет 15 мир?

Soon tm

This world aint so bad. First few weeks are different for a bunch of reasons tho.

What problems will I have at the start ??
Jama1s

Postby Dawidio123 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:16 pm

Jama1s wrote:What problems will I have at the start ??

If you are near a big faction you will get fucked up due to zero-sum nature of this game that makes killing nearby hermits just the optimal way to play early on.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby NeoBasilisk » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:03 pm

Jama1s wrote:
pawnchito wrote:
Когда будет 15 мир?

Soon tm

What problems will I have at the start ??

If you are unlucky and spawn in near troublemakers you will have a very hard time actually getting an initial claim and palisade set up
NeoBasilisk

Postby Nerolist1 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:30 pm

Dear Jorb and Loftar, a lot of people waiting W15 :)
Nerolist1

Postby dafels » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:35 pm

Nerolist1 wrote:Dear Jorb and Loftar, a lot of people waiting W15 :)

not really, the world progression seems to be degrading the experience
dafels

Postby Nerolist1 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:42 pm

dafels wrote:

why not really? again after wipe online will be 1000+(not 200), 1 years for develop project world, too much.
Nerolist1

Postby dafels » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:52 pm

Nerolist1 wrote:
dafels wrote:

why not really? again after wipe online will be 1000+(not 200), 1 years for develop project world, too much.

I agree, the early worlds feel good, but it is all of the game stages of the game that matter for most of people - early-mid-late what makes the game for most people. The tendency of world 7 to 14 just proves the experience degradation in this aspect. Especially world 10 to 14.
The trend is obvious, it has gone so bad that wipes at this point feel like a quick fix for drug addicts that just makes things worse after each quick fix after which you will be there again asking for the quick fix after it wears off.
dafels

Postby Dawidio123 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:03 am

dafels wrote:I agree, the early worlds feel good, but it is all of the game stages of the game that matter for most of people - early-mid-late what makes the game for most people. The tendency of world 7 to 14 just proves the experience degradation in this aspect. Especially world 10 to 14.
The trend is obvious, it has gone so bad that wipes at this point feel like a quick fix for drug addicts that just makes things worse after each quick fix after which you will be there again asking for the quick fix after it wears off.

There is no late game in haven, there is just more of the same grind you did in the first 3 months, but you actually get less out of it.
Hunting whales, gathering truffles and making cheese or gathering localized resources for recipes are just painful without bots. And without those, progressing stats past 800-1000s is just tedious.
To add to it, haven, if played efficiently, becomes basically a daily chore that you HAVE to do. Breeding animals, farming, cooking, hunting, etc. is basically a couple of hours every day, which is fine for a couple of months, but who the hell would want to do that every day for a year.

So you either play inefficiently like a hermit and have less stats after a year than factions get in 2 months and the only real upgrades you get are from a market (which imo ruins the point of progressing but each to their own, if you like to buy tokens for trash tier gear i can't stop you from doing it), or you play in an organized and efficient group that reaches that point in 2-3 months, and anything after that is just a huge time sink with little to no return on your investment.

World 10 for all the bad stuff that could be said about it, had 10x more late game content than anything you can do right now, there was actual metal spiraling, you could grind lp like crazy by stacking charisma, and for all the market enjoyers out there there was community fair which (imo) was the best market. Of course spiraling and the world as a whole has had its share of issues (being even more grindy, or being able to eat infinite amounts of food among others), but there was an actual sense of progression past the first couple of months, even if it favored those who nolife/bot.

Right now if i wanted to come back and grind some stats i would need to start a cheese production, gather truffles and hunt whales which is plainly just not fun, and i'd rather play something else or fuck around on a new alt while testing early game stuff (even tho everything might change next world (it won't)).
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby srt66 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:52 am

Oh, my God. "The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic" is here?
I hope that WORLD15 will allow more people to join the national war.
Let the First World War begin! The game should have gone through the First World War to stop.

---------This is the scenario before the world resets
The reset of the world should not be decided by the altar. This world deserves to belong to the last ruler!

srt66

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements