Game Development: Camping Shovel

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Camping Shovel

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:30 pm

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added "Primitive Tent", portable building made from cloth.
    • The Primitive Tent Can be folded up, transported, and pitched again elsewhere. The Tent has to be empty to be folded up.
    • Once the Tent has been pitched, whoever pitched it will be considered the owner of it.
    • It is always a crime of Vandalism to enter a Tent unless the door is set as open, or unless you have party permissions to enter it.
    • It is only a crime to enter. The Tent confers no claim protection to things inside it.
    • It is not possible to log out inside a tent.
  • Added "Tinker's Shovel", a metal cast shovel inbetween wood and metal shovels.
  • Added a stockpile for "Reeds".
  • Added "Reed Twine", string made from "Reeds".

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • You can now inspect "Mine Pyre"s to determine how much time they have left to burn. Their timer is currently 7 RL days. I've seen some discussion on this already, but welcome more of it.
  • "Coracle"s now use the Cape, rather than the Backpack, slot on the equipment screen.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • "Reeds" can now be placed in "Wicker Picker"s.
  • "Tinker's Throwing Axe" can now use the "Cleave" attack.
  • Reduced hunger cost from eating ants from 1‰ to 0.5‰
  • Reduced hunger cost from eating fish filets from 3‰ to 1‰
  • Should no longer be possible to drive Wheelbarrows over the "Here be Dragons"-border.

As always, if you liked what we did here: Support the patch.

Today's Patch Item, for the fair price of $9 is the "Banana Hat".

Store Description wrote:Image$9 This hat flew in, cloak and dagger, to impart upon some forlorn South American republic the blessings of the United Fruit company.

All Gold subscribers have been awarded the "Banana Hat", free of charge.

In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • Great reset weekend! Nice player count topping out at 1592 concurrently online just before a server crash broke, setting the highwater mark, beating out the previous W13 reset peak of 1531. We have percieved feedback to be mostly positive, but also realize that there may be ironing out to do, and rough edges around some of the changes still. Ever grateful for feedback, and hoping for a long lived W14!
  • Many of you have been so generous as to use the game store during the reset, and we are very grateful for your support. We will leverage the good feels to further development of the game. It means the world. Thank you!
  • We are taking one step back from the extended quest system for a while, to focus on a few more concrete patches we'd like to do.
  • Again urging any custom client maker who wishes to stay relevant to get with the new rendering times. Support for the old resources will be dropped at some point.
  • Our primary development direction is toward object-controlled-objects.
  • Time to... like us on Facebook?
  • Time to... follow us on Twitter?

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Camping Shovel

Postby Wabisuke » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:31 pm

cool
Wabisuke

Postby Flameturtle » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:31 pm

Thanks for the shovel!
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby talon00302 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:31 pm

I think it should be 7 days x level of minehole personally.
talon00302

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:32 pm

jorb wrote: You can now inspect "Mine Pyre"s to determine how much time they have left to burn. Their timer is currently 7 RL days.

In my opinion that's way too much on top of everything else
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby springyb » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:32 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Added a stockpile for "Reeds".

I knew you wouldn't let us suffer long <3
springyb

Postby The_Lich_King » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:32 pm

Tent pog
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:33 pm

jorb wrote:[*] You can now inspect "Mine Pyre"s to determine how much time they have left to burn. Their timer is currently 7 RL days. I've seen some discussion on this already, but welcome more of it.

being locked at sprucecap stage for this long is depressing... the timegate feels more like just waiting, it's TOO long
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Fostik » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:33 pm

jorb wrote:Their timer is currently 7 RL days

This is sick
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby The_Lich_King » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:33 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:
jorb wrote: You can now inspect "Mine Pyre"s to determine how much time they have left to burn. Their timer is currently 7 RL days.

In my opinion that's way too much on top of everything else

I actually like how long it is. I like that now it takes a couple weeks for people to get into iron working
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Next

Return to Announcements