Game Development: Camping Shovel

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Camping Shovel

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:56 pm

is there decay inside a tent? Can you build cupboards inside a tent?
Zentetsuken

Postby notnotnotagrevol » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:57 pm

NeoBasilisk wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] You can now inspect "Mine Pyre"s to determine how much time they have left to burn. Their timer is currently 7 RL days. I've seen some discussion on this already, but welcome more of it.

being locked at sprucecap stage for this long is depressing... the timegate feels more like just waiting, it's TOO long

on the other hand maybe it's a good thing that people don't feel like they need to play 80 out of the first 96 hours of each world in order to not fall behind

The time-gate isn't the problem, the fact it's individual - is. The first pire timer should really be server-wide, as one mistake could set you back a whole week, that's insane
notnotnotagrevol

Postby bmjclark » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:58 pm

loftar wrote:
HasseKebab wrote:Why?

The reason being that we added back the µ factor on it, so at higher factors it was significantly better than it used to be. Now it just means that you have to invest a few uses into it to get the same effect as previously.

You can only ever have 1 point in each maneuver...? Am I missing something here? Did you add the ability to get more?
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby loftar » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:01 pm

bmjclark wrote:You can only ever have 1 point in each maneuver...? Am I missing something here? Did you add the ability to get more?

Right, I had actually forgotten about that. We got reports that Shield Up felt OP now, and I just assumed that was because people had put more points into it. Hm.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:02 pm

loftar wrote:
bmjclark wrote:You can only ever have 1 point in each maneuver...? Am I missing something here? Did you add the ability to get more?

Right, I had actually forgotten about that. We got reports that Shield Up felt OP now, and I just assumed that was because people had put more points into it. Hm.

Lmao

That's what I was thinking about, what was the point of that change if you can only put 1 point into it
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby loftar » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:03 pm

Devs once again confirmed for sprucecaps.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby HasseKebab » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:03 pm

loftar wrote:

The reason being that we added back the µ factor on it, so at higher factors it was significantly better than it used to be. Now it just means that you have to invest a few uses into it to get the same effect as previously.

what are you talking about, isn't the µ factor just 1.0 at 1/1? Manuvers can't have more than 1 point put into them?
HasseKebab

Postby Undefined » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:11 pm

This metalworking casting system really needs better tooltips/in-game information...
So tinker's throwing axe needs 2 soft metal, how do I know this?
Tinker's shovel needs 3 soft metal, how do I know this?
anvil requires hard metal, how do I know this?

The only thing I'm ever shown is what resources I need to make the cast.

I'm also blissfully unaware the casts need to be built next to a lit smelter until I build one that isn't and get a system message telling me.
Undefined

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:12 pm

HasseKebab wrote:
loftar wrote:

what are you talking about, isn't the µ factor just 1.0 at 1/1? Manuvers can't have more than 1 point put into them?

Well if it's 1/1 then it's +0.1 so like +10% which is now +20% weight i guess?
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby HasseKebab » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:17 pm

nah they've stated before than its scales from 1 to 1.5 so 1/1 is 1.0 and each point increases the u factor by +0.125
HasseKebab

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements