Game Development: Whitemetal Rain

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Whitemetal Rain

Postby jorb » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:32 pm

In case it wasn't entirely obvious: We have set the frequency relatively high RN to show off the effect while it is new. We will make it more realistic.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Massa » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:08 pm

jorb wrote:In case it wasn't entirely obvious: We have set the frequency relatively high RN to show off the effect while it is new. We will make it more realistic.

delete hunger and give us a button we can toggle for rain 24/7 i do not care i want AESTHETICS
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby shubla » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:05 am

jorb wrote:In case it wasn't entirely obvious: We have set the frequency relatively high RN to show off the effect while it is new. We will make it more realistic.

Yes yes we know this. Rain will be made more realistic some time in the future, just as the old rendering support will be dropped some time in the future!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Soukuw » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:20 am

shubla wrote:

Yes yes we know this. Rain will be made more realistic some time in the future, just as the old rendering support will be dropped some time in the future!

You're such an insufferable asshole. But I guess that just strokes your ego huh?
Soukuw

Postby Pussnboots » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:23 pm

it's raining this whole summer, so can we have winter back?
Pussnboots

Postby Finigini » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:32 am

Robertzon wrote:While being indoors you can hear the rain hitting the roof (not sure if it's possible to do since houses can be underground as well)

Yes. PLEASE.
Finigini

Postby TheServant » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:38 am

game is literally impossible to play in a efficient way if you have a job in real life. i wish i could make decent progress without having to spend 8 hours playing daily.. maybe i'm just newbie? :(
TheServant

Postby Finigini » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:13 am

TheServant wrote:game is literally impossible to play in a efficient way if you have a job in real life. i wish i could make decent progress without having to spend 8 hours playing daily.. maybe i'm just newbie? :(

The grind is real. I feel like the only way I can enjoy this game is to be content that I will always be playing it casually.
Finigini

Postby TheServant » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:30 am

Finigini wrote:
TheServant wrote:game is literally impossible to play in a efficient way if you have a job in real life. i wish i could make decent progress without having to spend 8 hours playing daily.. maybe i'm just newbie? :(

The grind is real. I feel like the only way I can enjoy this game is to be content that I will always be playing it casually.

i've started with the idea of playing casualy to have fun larping and stuff but game is good... i cant do x because i need y and w, and need z, to y and w.... so much convoluted. And theres the fact that if i play casualy a bunch of tryhards will find me eventually. im probably just burned out
TheServant

Postby xyzzy57 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:33 am

I feel sure this has already been said somewhere upthread, but if everyone who feels this way says so, perhaps we'll get an idea of how much this particular problem matters.

The big problem with rain from my POV is that it's one more thing that makes it harder to see the territory around me. With darkness and rain together, I log off, particularly if I'm on dark coloured terrain - and quite a large portion of world 14 seems to be composed of dark coloured terrain.

I'd rather be playing right now than posting here - but it was raining when I logged in, and fairly early in haven's night.

Other than that, the rain is cool, and I like the idea of it having interesting effects, if not quite as drastic as some of your suggestions.

But at the same time, I'm impatient for someone to produce a client mod that removes the visual effect entirely, and just shows some indicator that it is or isn't raining. (No, I'm not motivated enough to learn java for that purpose. I just hope someone else is.) Because I can't play when I can't see.
xyzzy57

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements