Game Development: Whitemetal Rain

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Whitemetal Rain

Postby Kaios » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:40 am

xyzzy57 wrote:But at the same time, I'm impatient for someone to produce a client mod that removes the visual effect entirely, and just shows some indicator that it is or isn't raining. (No, I'm not motivated enough to learn java for that purpose. I just hope someone else is.) Because I can't play when I can't see.

That’s a very good point. After so many years of the default client being ignored by most players unless they have no other choices available, you’d think the devs would have learned by now that adding options for these features is a crucial part of that process in improving the default client... but apparently not.
Kaios

Postby Zao » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:54 pm

You want the devs to waste time making the client better when other people already have? I'd rather they spend their time doing exactly what they are doing right now. Making more content and fixing and balancing current content.
Zao

Postby SavageFox » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:40 am

are you going to add snowfall in winter
SavageFox

Postby kirbmanboggle » Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:49 am

I love the ambience this adds to the game,any possibility that a build like rain catchers for higher quality water could be added?
"In the dead of night with the loneliest types, never sober until it's over."

-W12 Master Blacksmith - Cause of Death:Meteor landing in our yard,killed and raided for one piece of ore.
-W13 Hermit - Cause of Death:World Ending Cataclysmic Event
kirbmanboggle

Postby Kaios » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:53 pm

Zao wrote:You want the devs to waste time making the client better when other people already have? I'd rather they spend their time doing exactly what they are doing right now. Making more content and fixing and balancing current content.

lol this game has been in development for over a decade, and in that time they haven't stopped relying on the very tiny community for not only client improvements but to make the client playable. It would have taken loftar an extra 5 minutes to add an option to turn rain off/on.
Kaios

Postby WowGain » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:05 pm

Zao wrote:You want the devs to waste time making the client better when other people already have? I'd rather they spend their time doing exactly what they are doing right now. Making more content and fixing and balancing current content.

actual lobotomite take
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby RisforRed » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:42 pm

WowGain wrote:

actual lobotomite take

this actually killed me XD
W10: spruce cap
W11: King of juice's realm
12: King of Juice's realm
w13: prince of cock & Balls
W14: King of Haven and Hoes
RisforRed

Postby terechgracz » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:37 am

Throwing Axe made on anvil when?
terechgracz

Postby pawnchito » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:23 pm

Some people have crazy clients, would be nice if instead of looking for a better client to maintain an advantage we could possibly get the QOL shit thats in other clients. Default client should be the stopgap between new players and moderately new players. As it stands my Mac players would rather not play (wait for customs to be patched and work again) than play the default client. That is saying alot since they are hella softcores. this game needs that new blood to get hooked.
pawnchito

Previous

Return to Announcements