Game Development: Rainy Sponge

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Rainy Sponge

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:52 pm

Kind of a coward move not adding racial slurs to your game tbqh
DDDsDD999

Postby Enzo_Gaultier » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:07 pm

I find extremely offensive and racist that not any color of skin can be chosen for my character but white,
so now i demand a implementation with all the colors of the rainbow for skin (shout out to lgbtq+ community).
Thanks.

PS:
I dont give a F%ck if my english is bad, it's not my first language, you insensitive pricks.

PPS:
Sarcasm ♫

`'°•.,¸ ¸¸,.•°'´`•. 
.: Enzo Gaultier :.
¸¸,.•°´'°•.,¸¸¸¸¸¸,.
Enzo_Gaultier

Postby Ezekyuhl » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:46 pm

This situation fulfills the definition of the term.

tar ba·by
/ˈtär ˌbābē/
noun
INFORMAL
a difficult problem that is only aggravated by attempts to solve it.
"disposal of nuclear waste was a problem whose solution was endlessly delayed, a tar baby no one wanted anything to do with"

It is disappointing to see creators bow to these sorts of racist-"anti-racists". If you see racism in everything, you are probably racist. Appeal to these folk and in the end you will still fail to please them while pushing away everyone else. As said above, why are all characters white? Isn't this game rather european-centric? Do you just hate the rest of the people around the world or what?

Patch related, I have had more game freezes recently where I need to fully close client and relaunch but cannot say if it is related.
Diving foraging seems cool but water is soo scary.
Ezekyuhl

Postby VDZ » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:13 am

Troll_Shroom wrote:Half of the ones crying will not matter when they struggle to heat their homes this winter; why give them the time of day? All you're doing is giving a bone to emotional children who believe they are adults.

The people who have 200 words to refer to a black person, most of which are offensive, are Americans. The people getting screwed over by their governments that think making gas and oil prices skyrocket will hurt Russia are Europeans.
VDZ

Postby Kearn » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:12 am

this thread is giving me brain damage
Kearn

Postby Tpukco » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:26 am

Ezekyuhl wrote:This situation fulfills the definition of the term.

tar ba·by
/ˈtär ˌbābē/
noun
INFORMAL
a difficult problem that is only aggravated by attempts to solve it.
"disposal of nuclear waste was a problem whose solution was endlessly delayed, a tar baby no one wanted anything to do with"

It is disappointing to see creators bow to these sorts of racist-"anti-racists". If you see racism in everything, you are probably racist. Appeal to these folk and in the end you will still fail to please them while pushing away everyone else. As said above, why are all characters white? Isn't this game rather european-centric? Do you just hate the rest of the people around the world or what?

Patch related, I have had more game freezes recently where I need to fully close client and relaunch but cannot say if it is related.
Diving foraging seems cool but water is soo scary.

Thank you for intellectual approach, sir. But I'm not sure if that is will cause any effect on devs compared to magical "racist fucks" spell, that seems to be greatly effective.
Tpukco

Postby Uriel » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:20 pm

Next update, new wound: " offended". The less int×perp you have the greated the magnitude. Can be made during any social interaction with any heartling.
Uriel

Postby Morrighan » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:07 pm

Uriel wrote:Next update, new wound: " offended". The less int×perp you have the greated the magnitude. Can be made during any social interaction with any heartling.

:lol: :lol:
Morrighan

Postby Soukuw » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:15 pm

Questionable content is added:
"Hey this might be racist and here's a bunch of information and opinions on it"

Questionable content is removed:
"devs r lil pussi beouches bending ova 4 teh GEYZ"
Soukuw

Postby VDZ » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:13 pm

Soukuw wrote:Questionable content is added:
"Hey this might be racist and here's a bunch of information and opinions on it"

The problem is that anything can be questionable, and when you give the easily offended a finger they're likely to take the whole hand. See also: Twitch and 'blind playthroughs', or stuff like banned words list in tech companies (whitelist, redline, cripple, you guys).
VDZ

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements