Game Development: Liberty Shrimp

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Liberty Shrimp

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:01 pm

wonder-ass wrote:took you long enough to remove pali cascade lol

Better late than never. I'm glad it got fixed.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Joshk80k » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:29 pm

Absolutely love the curio changes, really appreciate these updates as well as the new content!
Joshk80k

Postby assjackets » Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:02 pm

Great stuff! I especially like the inspection tool giving you the name of what you're pointing at
assjackets

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:54 pm

preach
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby VDZ » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:33 pm

Cascade still exists on claimed land, right? For example, when someone bashes your recently expanded palisade. According to the rules I know, assuming there have been no stealth fixes, if it's bashed a certain time after the new section is built (12 hours I think?) it still cascades into fully-dried palisade sections. As I understand it, all this fixed was that the griefer can no longer initiate it, they have to wait for the owner to expand the palisade by themselves. I'd love to be wrong on this one, though.

Nonetheless a great improvement over the janky bullshit that was possible before.

Reiber wrote:thats just not how spices work, when i cook i dont think"do i have any spices i can throw in there?"
every recepy has 1 spice that is optimal,maybe 1 or 2 optional ones depending wich fep you actually want to get,
so i am rather thinking "i need int,do i make some wolfdogs? no got no junipers" so i cant make wolfdogs.

Once again the root problem is that the hunger system heavily punishes suboptimal eating. If it weren't for the hunger system, you would be able to just settle for suboptimal wolfdogs.
VDZ

Postby cb111 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:46 pm

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's

Was halving Mistletoe lp necessary? I had some q30-40 That were decent, now useless. No reason to even pick the stuff now with the low lp/h and high mental weight.
Were easter eggs nerfed too or I misremembering how good they used to be?
cb111

Postby The_Blode » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:10 am

Oh man it's more Psyche food
Thank you ever so much
The_Blode

Postby PatrickDan » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:43 am

Good patch overall but not cool and not necessary to nerf mistletoe, which where "just ok" but useful fot casual players like me with few play time to get lot of curios and maintain claims especially with alts.
Crappy now ... just a reason to not give a fuck more. What was the need ? Their relatively good LP is balanced with high int requirement and long time of study. Seems ok to me.
It's not like we have a ton of natural curios to get especially in the long run ... like another player here i like to get high q when i get them and it's not overpowered so ... why ?
PatrickDan

Postby Elchupac » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:04 pm

jorb wrote:Reworked and simplified quests provided by the "Mystic" credo, with the ambition to make it more of a viable early game
Enjoy!

How is this simplified?
It's already been 2 IRL days since my character is idle-dancing in the middle of the village already and the quest is not yet done. We took out some randomized effects that we had a slight chance to control and had them replaced with other random events that we practically have no chance of controlling. I find Mystic to be even more frustrating with the new changes ...
Elchupac

Postby Pills » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:11 pm

Elchupac wrote:
jorb wrote:Reworked and simplified quests provided by the "Mystic" credo, with the ambition to make it more of a viable early game
Enjoy!

How is this simplified?
It's already been 2 IRL days since my character is idle-dancing in the middle of the village already and the quest is not yet done. We took out some randomized effects that we had a slight chance to control and had them replaced with other random events that we practically have no chance of controlling. I find Mystic to be even more frustrating with the new changes ...

You probably have to start dancing once its already raining, rather than afk dance until it rains. could be bugged tho
Pills

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements