Game Development: Juniper Buoy

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Juniper Buoy

Postby Uriel » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:45 pm

in past 2 days, 2 animals during taming have disapered - horse and cow, place of taming isnt on grid border, before patch animals didnt despawn. (few animals are left tho)
Uriel

Postby jorb » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:16 am

If the bug with animals despawning isn't fixed, we'd love to have another go at it. Feel entirely free to keep testing and reporting your findings.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Fostik » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:40 am

jorb wrote:If the bug with animals despawning isn't fixed, we'd love to have another go at it. Feel entirely free to keep testing and reporting your findings.

Have you ever considered to replace this ad-hoc W8 mechanics with something more reasonable?
Taming is most annoying, broken and unfun mechanic in the game
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Uriel » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:46 am

Fostik wrote:
jorb wrote:If the bug with animals despawning isn't fixed, we'd love to have another go at it. Feel entirely free to keep testing and reporting your findings.

Have you ever considered to replace this ad-hoc W8 mechanics with something more reasonable?

Thats not true! There are many worse mechanics!
Uriel

Postby WowGain » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:04 pm

Uriel wrote:
Fostik wrote:

Thats not true! There are many worse mechanics!

such as?
nothing combat or siege related, i hope.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby lordgrunt » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:59 pm

Consider this as a potential lead. a bit before my last post i had another taming session and 2 or 3 diferent animals despawned. somewhere around this time i built 2 hitching posts.
second taming "session" (where i brought 5 goats) i built 5 posts for them 1 by 1 because i didnt have much ropes. so when one got hitched, i used that freed rope to build next one. that probably wouldnt explain first hitched goat dissapearing, but its something.

most of other animals were hitched to trees. and all happened inside minimap grid.
lordgrunt

Previous

Return to Announcements