Game Development: Champignon Cave

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Champignon Cave

Postby MrBunzy » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:53 am

Underground fungus farming sounds amazing, maybe consider raising the amount of swill the new mushrooms produce so it can be a viable alternative to surface farming for feeding animals?
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby terechgracz » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:56 am

How does mushroom planting works? Do you put live Champignon on woodchips? Because if it's like that then we're missing opportunity for some complicated system of growing mushrooms (chantrelles etc.). Because IRL it's really hard to grow mushrooms. You need to make a spawn first. You have to sterilize grain for that for example in big steel cauldron. You would need to put spores with sterilized grain into jars and have them sprout. After that you might be able to create mycelium if you put this spawned grain into wet sterilized woodchips. Overall we're missing a lot of steps.
Also other than woodchips, we could have year-long mushroom growing on logs. You take log, make some holes in it and put your spawn into theese holes and fill them with woodchips. You make sure this log is wet enough. After the log is infected you can collect mushrooms from log for few years.
terechgracz

Postby jtpitner » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:49 am

Loving the hat!
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
jtpitner

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:04 pm

the docking cucks are jobless now. look what you've done, you've massacred my boi.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Kaios » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:05 pm

jtpitner wrote:Loving the hat!

but it's just a sombrero
Kaios

Postby 524u » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:24 pm

Potjeh wrote:
ZantetsukenX wrote:Can we get the farmer credo quests to be a little more leniant on animal related objectives. For instance instead of "Milk a Sheep" it could be "Milk an animal (Sheep/Cow/Goat)". And instead of "Slaughter a Pig" it could be "Slaughter a domestic animal" which would include foals and other animals? Those always seem to be deal breakers for anyone who isn't doing taming every animal available.

Also if you happen to be looking at farmer credo in general, can we please get trellis quests to be a bit more reasonable to? Feels bad every time a quest pops up that wants you to harvest 90 grapes, or plant 100 hemps. I'd wager that outside of a few insane people the vast majority of players abandon any trellis quest that is bigger than the number 30. And even that is a bit unreasonable for harvesting.

Yeah, quantities required by farmer quests are unreasonable for a hermit. Like I had a quest to harvest 65 peppercorns. Bruh, where would I fit that many trellises in a hermitage? It'd take multiple in-game years to finish the credo if I didn't go around begging my neighbours to harvest their crops. It would be kinda bearable if I just wanted to get farmer credo, but the problem is like half of the good credos in the game are locked behind farmer.

+1
B)
524u

Postby icepie » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:09 pm

Potjeh wrote:Bruh, where would I fit that many trellises in a hermitage?

Trellises are way more space efficient than other crops. Pictured is ~80 trellises in this 10x10 square and it's not even full or using the most efficient layout. You can stack 3 trellises in the same tile and harvest all 3 from the same side. If I wanted, I could have two rows of 3 trellises adjacent to eachother and leave just a one tile gap between them.

icepie

Postby Sephiron » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:01 pm

icepie wrote:Trellises are way more space efficient than other crops. Pictured is ~80 trellises in this 10x10 square and it's not even full or using the most efficient layout. You can stack 3 trellises in the same tile and harvest all 3 from the same side. If I wanted, I could have two rows of 3 trellises adjacent to eachother and leave just a one tile gap between them.

Also using trellises as animal fences is kinda dope
Sephiron

Postby Apocoreo » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:27 am

jorb wrote:
  • Added "Lay Woodchips", terraforming. You can now use any woodblock to lay woodchip "paving" on a tile. For now, all woodchip tiles look the same, but, in theory, we could render woodchip textures with variable materials per woodblock type, and may do so if/when we add support for more tile types.

Doesn't it seem a tad backward to add new things, planning to add variable materials when there's still things that don't? Any plans for variable cupboards and palisades?
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby dorag » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:15 am

travel changes yes
dorag

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements