Game Development: Strange Crown

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Strange Crown

Postby DonVelD » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:08 pm

jordancoles wrote:Imagine not agroing everyone in the boat? :|

then your change is literally worthless because the attacker would be in aggro anyway???
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:08 pm

AriZona wrote:Great patch - ty !

Could you make the captain of the boat disable/enable to board the boat as am extra menu option? Wouldn't be it just simpler ?

This x100

There are probably like 100 different ways you could have gone about this that doesn't just plainly fuck over weaker players

We know you have this wonderful and spirited vision of PvP fights taking place ontop of boats once OCO is done, as you have eloquently described many times on stream

but maybe lets just wait for you to finally finish that shit before you start tweaking stuff for it
Zentetsuken

Postby jordancoles » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:09 pm

jorb wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Evicting passengers as the driver to HF is likely the better option. Getting out of the boat stops the eviction :?:

The trick to use if you're redhanded and want to go home, then?

As opposed to grabbing a handful of sticks, finding a pclaim and then dropping/picking them up over and over again to KO yourself, or walking on and off of a claim for tresspassing shp dmg, or taking off your armor and having a friend shoot you with a bow for no hhp other than the concussion, or bashing a mine support, etc etc etc
Last edited by jordancoles on Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby jordancoles » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:10 pm

DonVelD wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Imagine not agroing everyone in the boat? :|

then your change is literally worthless because the attacker would be in aggro anyway???

The change is meant to stop people from spawning an alt, sitting in your snekkja/knar for literal days with no way to remove them other than to murder them. Having a passenger in your boat also stops you from hearthing the boat to dock, so it's a good way to farm murder or to keep track of where a person is boating at all times
Last edited by jordancoles on Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby vatas » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:10 pm

jorb wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Evicting passengers as the driver to HF is likely the better option. Getting out of the boat stops the eviction :?:

The trick to use if you're redhanded and want to go home, then?

Shouldn't they simply get KO'd to be consistent with how eviction from claims works?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby pagsiu » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:11 pm

The building blueprint overlay present when placing constructions will not disappear until the building is actually placed. Hopefully allows you to move around and place the construction object with greater precision, and, specifically, fixes a bug by which it was impossible to fine tune the placement of Milestone extensions.

I don't get it. Wasn't it possible before? It was possible to move while placing milestone / road extensions with ctrl + l-click, now it doesn't work.
Trapped here since W2.
Balin.
pagsiu

Postby loftar » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:24 pm

pagsiu wrote:It was possible to move while placing milestone / road extensions with ctrl + l-click, now it doesn't work.

Yes, and that was the problem, because ctrl+l-clicking was also the way to place things with finer-than-tile precision (which was therefore not possible to do with milestones). Now you can instead move around by just pretending to place the milestone somewhere else and not have the placement interrupted just by that, and we figured it was nice to be able to do that with things other than milestones too.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:25 pm

rye130 wrote:Snekkja A is chasing Snekkja B. Driver of Snekkja A knocks out passenger of Snekkja B. Passenger of Snekkja B is now swimming and dead. Being a passenger in a snekkja is now potentially way more lethal than ever before.

I do not think this scenario is going to come up very often. I have killed more people because they went through a vortex with a lifted log on a coracle/dugout that they couldn't drop/defend with than times I've seen a passenger of a snek get KOed before the driver.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby fairystyle » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:26 pm

Oh this nice elderberries update really reminded me
Jorbo, please make the same to :arrow: MASTIC fruits, because when winter is coming we can't make biege pigment nomore :lol: unless some nerds like me stored it..

Love all the new items, hat is awesome! The tape worms, are pretty gross indeed

Scaffold, blueprint, tar pits inspection are cool details, happy to see you guys don't just forget/neglect them and keep fixing unobvious but cool little stuff
fairystyle

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:26 pm

the passenger rarely gets kod its always the driver. ive only seen a few passengers get kod and that is as they get in they get kod not during a chase.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements