Game Development: Strange Crown

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Strange Crown

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:28 pm

jordancoles wrote:If I run into a snekkja with 2 dudes in it on the deep ocean, I'd just KO the passenger first, drop them into the ocean and then keep going for the driver

You can just go back for the passenger's body later :roll:

Evicting passengers as the driver to HF is likely the better option. Getting out of the boat stops the eviction :?:

Retard take, tbh. How does this provide a different outcome than KOing the driver and bashing the boat while the passenger is still in there?
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby pbbllt » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:29 pm

loftar wrote:
pagsiu wrote:It was possible to move while placing milestone / road extensions with ctrl + l-click, now it doesn't work.

Yes, and that was the problem, because ctrl+l-clicking was also the way to place things with finer-than-tile precision (which was therefore not possible to do with milestones). Now you can instead move around by just pretending to place the milestone somewhere else and not have the placement interrupted just by that, and we figured it was nice to be able to do that with things other than milestones too.

oy vey, but you just had to release ctrl to fine-tune and place, now it doesn't work and it literally will give people cancer while placing extensions in 1x1 tunnels xD

EDIT:
Please, consider the attached image and feelings it represents. Without the said "problem" (we call it a feature), it's impossible to place extension without mining the rest of the cave wall.

EDIT 2:
Of course it is not limited to the extensions, it's generally convenient to be able to move with bp in hand, especially when one need to adjust heartling position a bit. The extension built deep in the wall itself is a bootleg because of the extension mechanics requiring those 4 spaces in front of it.
Attachments
ss.png
ss.png (228.61 KiB) Viewed 1228 times
Last edited by pbbllt on Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pbbllt

Postby ctopolon4 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:31 pm

no hunting & questing changes :cry:
ctopolon4

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:39 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
rye130 wrote:Snekkja A is chasing Snekkja B. Driver of Snekkja A knocks out passenger of Snekkja B. Passenger of Snekkja B is now swimming and dead. Being a passenger in a snekkja is now potentially way more lethal than ever before.

I do not think this scenario is going to come up very often. I have killed more people because they went through a vortex with a lifted log on a coracle/dugout that they couldn't drop/defend with than times I've seen a passenger of a snek get KOed before the driver.

I understand that titan level PvP gurus such as yourself would likely play out this scenario in a different way, but there are many other lesser groups like arcanum that are filled with much less competent PvPers that are still spending hours a day attempting to kill other players.

I think that even you would agree that your capabilities are far beyond many other groups who engage in the similar behaviour.
Zentetsuken

Postby jordancoles » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:46 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
jordancoles wrote:If I run into a snekkja with 2 dudes in it on the deep ocean, I'd just KO the passenger first, drop them into the ocean and then keep going for the driver

Evicting passengers as the driver to HF is likely the better option. Getting out of the boat stops the eviction :?:

Retard take, tbh. How does this provide a different outcome than KOing the driver and bashing the boat while the passenger is still in there?

Well, for one it removes the strength requirement to bash a snekkja, making this way of killing people accessible earlier in the world.

I'm aware that there are multiple ways to go about drowning someone, this just adds a new way :ugeek:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:49 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:

anyone who isn't a retard would simply hop out of the boat and hop into the bashers boat. it's not like people have a full snek or other boats with them 1000% of the time
ChildhoodObesity

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:54 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:anyone who isn't a retard would simply hop out of the boat and hop into the bashers boat. it's not like people have a full snek or other boats with them 1000% of the time

wowww just like they would probably try to do as their snekkja is being bashed right before you bash ur own too wowwwwww

Kinda right about it being available earlier, though. I was not rly thinking about the very early game. Still feels like a nothing burger to me
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:59 pm

How long before a new player gets asked to hop in to a snek and gets killed automatically with this new retarded trick.

sprucecap killers don't even need to perform any shenanigans like smashing their sneks to kill people now, it's just instadeath for anybody onboard

sadly not enough people realize how dangerous this is for the 99% of non-PVP players, I guess we aren't getting enough discussion and backlash for that gilded-armor-speed revert :lol:

rough world to be a new player man, I wonder what crazy shit they will do to buff sprucecap killers next week
Zentetsuken

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:21 pm

I cba to read this thread but if you're a filthy scrub on a snekkja and a chad warrior starts chasing you with his snekkja, just go on land smh.

But also just let me push retarded naked alts out of my knarr/snekkja without having to be red handed for 20 minutes, thank you. There's autists out there that log naked alts out on knarrs and snekkjas.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:22 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:anyone who isn't a retard would simply hop out of the boat and hop into the bashers boat. it's not like people have a full snek or other boats with them 1000% of the time

wowww just like they would probably try to do as their snekkja is being bashed right before you bash ur own too wowwwwww

Kinda right about it being available earlier, though. I was not rly thinking about the very early game. Still feels like a nothing burger to me

xd well i doubt most people are going to bash their own snek out in the ocean if there isn't another snek or boat nearby for them to hop in as i said in the previous post xdddddddd. not everyone is rolling around with a snek full of alts to prevent people from jumping in or has a backup snek/boat nearby
ChildhoodObesity

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements