Game Development: Lights in the Dark

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Lights in the Dark

Postby whitehead1771 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:12 pm

have candle parchment and every pigment what i can't find is where in the menu the recipe is located
whitehead1771

Postby whitehead1771 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:13 pm

well for f's sake under "tools" really?
whitehead1771

Postby Asgaroth22 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:54 pm

Can we please revert the changes to road building? It was working well as it was before the chaneg. Or at least make it so you don't need line of sight to the previous milestone.
How it worked before: create a new road, ctrl-click walk to wherever the next roadsign would be, build the sign, ctrl-click walk to the next roadsign, rinse & repeat.
How it works now: create a new road, walk to wherever the next roadsign would be but get blocked by tree/wall, click in another place so the character gets unblocked then try to quickly click back where you actually want your roadsign. If you managed to do that, now you have to right click the roadsign and click extend because the auto-extend won't work as you'll be blocked by the roadsign you just built.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby lordgrunt » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:16 am

Asgaroth22 wrote:Can we please revert the changes to road building? It was working well as it was before the chaneg. Or at least make it so you don't need line of sight to the previous milestone.
How it worked before: create a new road, ctrl-click walk to wherever the next roadsign would be, build the sign, ctrl-click walk to the next roadsign, rinse & repeat.
How it works now: create a new road, walk to wherever the next roadsign would be but get blocked by tree/wall, click in another place so the character gets unblocked then try to quickly click back where you actually want your roadsign. If you managed to do that, now you have to right click the roadsign and click extend because the auto-extend won't work as you'll be blocked by the roadsign you just built.

im not sure exactly what are you complaining about, road making is now 10x easier than it was before. you prob just need to git gud.
lordgrunt

Postby jorb » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:57 am

whitehead1771 wrote:well for f's sake under "tools" really?

Protip: You can search in the adventure menu.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jorb » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:58 am

jorb wrote:
whitehead1771 wrote:well for f's sake under "tools" really?

Protip: You can search in the adventure menu.

That being said, should perhaps not be under tools, but that's where the other lanterns lay, and the should certainly lie together, at least.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby Kaios » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:18 pm

Asgaroth22 wrote:Can we please revert the changes to road building? It was working well as it was before the chaneg. Or at least make it so you don't need line of sight to the previous milestone.

Yeah I don't get why they changed it in the first place, to me nothing seems any different with the way milestones are extended and placed except for the fact that we cannot move around with ctrl while placing them any more. Not sure how removing something that aided in their placement improved the feature, perhaps jorb and loftar would kindly explain why it is better now than it was before because I'm not understanding how.

Though the other solution you mentioned is what I was thinking too. There's no reason for milestones to disallow extension because of line of sight, that should only occur when placing/connecting.
Kaios

Postby StalkerSleem » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:25 pm

Now it would be cool if each level of the dungeon was darker than the previous one, up to the inability to navigate in space without a torch / lantern :D
StalkerSleem

Postby jorb » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:33 pm

We have a fix in the pipe for the building placement:
  • Blueprints last until the construction sign is placed.
  • Holding Shift allows you to finely place, and finely rotate, the building.
  • Holding Ctrl allows you to rotate the building, and walk with LMB.

I believe that should allow us to cover all use cases, but do let me know if you don't like it for some reason.

jorb

Postby Zentetsuken » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:07 pm

jorb wrote:We have a fix in the pipe for the building placement:

I believe that should allow us to cover all use cases, but do let me know if you don't like it for some reason.

I still don't like it, I think you should consider other important factors that come in to play for building placement as well.

How about,

• Remove PVP.

I think these change will deliver a resolution that covers all the bases and solves the problem efficiently.
Zentetsuken

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements