Game Development: Hat Placement

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Hat Placement

Postby WowGain » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:38 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] Looking to shift the standard patch-day to Tuesdays. Pushing a patch here this week to space it out a little.

Still wondering what the point of mentioning this was, if patches are once again no longer weekly lmao

It means he can say "next Tuesday" instead of "next Sunday"
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:25 pm

WowGain wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] Looking to shift the standard patch-day to Tuesdays. Pushing a patch here this week to space it out a little.

Still wondering what the point of mentioning this was, if patches are once again no longer weekly lmao

It means he can say "next Tuesday" instead of "next Sunday"

I'm afraid
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby noindyfikator » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:18 pm

Unfortunately
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby telum12 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:42 pm

jorb wrote:
  • Pushed a change to building placement outlined here. Hoping this covers all our use cases and is reasonably nice for everyone.
    • Building placement blueprints last until the construction sign is placed, rather than disappear when you click to place it.
    • Holding Shift while placing a building blueprint allows you to finely place (move it around in small steps), and finely rotate (rotate in small rotation steps), the building.
    • Holding Ctrl allows you to rotate the building, and walk with LMB.

Why not just use a different mouse mod for moving while plobs exist instead of co-opting one that's already in use? Road placement is a huge edge-case. In the majority of cases, having to release CTRL to place things is a hassle, which means this is going to be another thing that half the client devs remove and/or move to other keys, causing a headache for everyone.

pls I'm being asked to change this and I don't want to maintain random shit like this, let's use ALT or something
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby Sephiron » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:01 pm

I just say make the keys bindable lol. Seems like the best course of action. Make whatever Loftar thinks is right to be the default, but let us rebind 'Fine placement', 'rotation', and 'shuffle/move' (idk wtf you'd call this, no other game I've played has a dedicated walk while holding something button)
Sephiron

Postby jorb » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:10 pm

Nightdawg wrote:Still wondering what the point of mentioning this was, if patches are once again no longer weekly lmao

Best laid plans of mice and men, and all that. Still the plan, but we missed the target this week. Will patch tonight.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Sephiron » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:28 pm

jorb wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:Still wondering what the point of mentioning this was, if patches are once again no longer weekly lmao

Best laid plans of mice and men, and all that. Still the plan, but we missed the target this week. Will patch tonight.

It's a christmas miracle :D
Sephiron

Postby pawnchito » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:47 am

Please pretty please some of these need some love.
pawnchito

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:42 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:Just make fine placement the default, and you have to hold a button to snap to grid

Just want to point out that this is an amazing idea
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby lordgrunt » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:21 am

Nearly a year passed and baby goats still can't wear hats.
lordgrunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements